Pixar's The Good Dinosaur (Post-release)

I saw the film on opening night.
Granted, Inside Out was a tough act to follow. This was a much lighter film and a delightful story.
Basically a "boy and his dog" story with a funny twist.

Nah haha I saw it too. Frankly, very disappointed, I wasn't suprised by any of the beats, and it mirrored very closely The Lion King, Dragon (How To), and The Jungle Book, so much so that I just wasn't moved by any of it. Granted this movie went through hell during production but man, besides the extremely photorealistic environments, this movie doesn't stand out at all. And am I the only one who found Spot's adopted family to look way to much like The Croods

I was disappointed in just the overall look right from the start. As a huge fan of Pixar (dating back to Lifesaver commercials!) just the goofy, very cartoony appearance of these characters was a step back for me (The dinosaur is a green Dino from the flintstones). Especially against the much more realistic background. So I'll wait for the dvd.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back