Iron Man mkIII 3D Printed

I‘ve seen the MK3 3D Print Files you shared ,but.............just those details ? No full suit files ??? :cry

Small update... hope I didn't already post these...
hand.jpgbackhand.jpgforearm.jpgshoulder.jpg

So I have the arms smoothed, now I'm just making the inner structure. (sorry for the blurry ones)

Ken! Make sure to post pics of your inners! I have the same parts and didn't figure how to's yet!

I will post pictures once I disassemble for paint, but here is a model of the inner structure...heavy gauge wire is giving me a bit of adjustment in the fingers and at the joints. Triple thick at the elbow and shoulder. The idea is that the armors pivots are attached to the skeleton and the armor parts rest on the pivots.

armSub.jpg

Wait .. what!!!

That is so smart .. never thought of having tubes at the bolts joints!!! How will the wire hold in the long term .. did you epoxy them in the tubes so they hold properly? Have you already built this under your current progress?

Wait .. what!!!

That is so smart .. never thought of having tubes at the bolts joints!!! How will the wire hold in the long term .. did you epoxy them in the tubes so they hold properly? Have you already built this under your current progress?

I'll get pics, but yeah. I just drilled holes big enough to tightly hold the heavy wire and used a crap-ton of hot glue on the inside along with zip ties to hold the wires together. It seems very stout and I am sure will hold the weight. I just like the fact that I can disassemble easily without screwing up the armor as it is basically just being held together with gravity. Hips and legs should be the same.

whats new?

Small update...
I had disassembled the back armor that I previously tacked together with hot glue dots. This was done to make sure the chest lined up properly. Anyway, I've been slowly smoothing the back panels and now I'm putting them all back together. I found that a hot glue gun works wonders when attaching large parts that only have a small connection. You can almost weld and glue the parts together at the same time. I used super glue to align them, then weld/hot glued them from the back to create a super strong bond.

ALSO: Since my new printer arrived I decided to upgrade the skeletal structure. As shown a few posts up, I was using wood and wire for the fingers and hand. This is ok, but I found that the wire would slowly lose its bend not to mention I would have to glue the armor to the skeleton which I'm kinda hesitant in doing. I'm going for a full size action figure display here, so why not make it as articulated as I can? What if I get sick of the pose?... So I started working on printing out a tight fitting skeletal structure that include little neodymium magnet. So far it works great! I plan to have fully poseable fingers/hands with the lighting built in to the palms as well.

Here's a render of the pointer finger. I'll post actual photos or video soon.
finger.jpg

So i guess after the hands are done, I'll move on to upgrading the other joints with 3D printed parts that still utilize pvc pipe as the bones... stay tuned.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back