Hot Toys Star Wars

Yeah, either Hasbro or Marmit made a pack that was a 'best guess' based on photos and the other one copied them. Now HotToys copied both of those designs.

I actually discovered the 2 tanks on the back top are reused pieces of Death Star pieces made from model kits. They are painted in Death Star grey, not silver. The lower tank has yet to be identified but it doesn't have thruster cones on the bottom.

Yeah, either Hasbro or Marmit made a pack that was a 'best guess' based on photos and the other one copied them. Now HotToys copied both of those designs.

I actually discovered the 2 tanks on the back top are reused pieces of Death Star pieces made from model kits. They are painted in Death Star grey, not silver. The lower tank has yet to be identified but it doesn't have thruster cones on the bottom.

Thank you! I was looking at the new toy and thinking....."Where did they get the reference for the little rocket thrusters?" So a little artistic license apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! I was looking at the new toy and thinking....."Where did they get the reference for the little rocket thrusters?" So a little artistic license apparently.

First BB-8 Star Wars Sphero working droid comes out this September. RTL $ 119 and works off your ipod/android phone.

ew3s9vj94q6xckm3gtmz.jpg

Cripes. It's time to sell a kidney or go to work as an indentured servant for Disney or Hot Toys for me. Can't wait to see what it does.

The Hot Toys 1:6 Stormtrooper arrived. A very cool figure no matter its design and accuracy flaws.

Though I had my own problems with my figure: belt was half unglued, the magnets on the leather holster were both unglued and jumping in the box. I glued everything back much better than how it originally was. One cap of the thermal detonator fell off too, so I glued it and reglued the other one too just to be sure. The HT thermal detonator metal clips are crap - SSC ones are solid steel, much better, the HT clips barely hold on the back of the belt. The SSC E-11 blaster is still unbeaten till today, this is copied after it, but needs improvement, and not in making holes in the barrel. The ankle joints are sometimes visible. All this was not too encouraging to be honest. The figure is great, but QC is just like the thermal detonator clips.

Hot%20Toys%20Stormtrooper%2015.jpg

attachment.php

I know when I've been reading too much on this forum when the hope of possibly having a figure that actually looks like ANH Mark Hamill is over-ridden by the hope that the ESB saber is just for this teaser pic only.:p

Attachments

• hot-toys-luke-skywalker-princess-leia-tease-050915.jpg
    hot-toys-luke-skywalker-princess-leia-tease-050915.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 451
On another board I've been asked about my opinion regarding Hot Toys Stormtrooper 1:6 figure compared to Marmit and Sideshow Co. versions.

I had my own issues with the HT TK regarding glued parts, but they were easy fix, and thus this will not affect my judgement. HT is a big improvement over the SSC, this can also be seen if you read carefully on the box, regarding who was involved in its development, and on HT FB page (some older posts and replies). Anyway HT has a better body, better shiny ABS armor (no need for chest plate futzing) and a better helmet compared to SSC. While the HT Stormie helmet is not totally accurate (not meaning asymmetry, which is not necessary at this size) is much better shaped than SSC.

SSC lid has the big jaw, enormous mic tips, and when putting the helmet on body, the trooper has no neck anymore. Not to mention the freaking ugly tiny SSC codpiece - I'm even thinking maybe to re-purpose my SSC Stormie and transform it into a female TK some day in the future... On the SSC plus side I'd add the E-11 which is better than any 1:6 blaster and the thermal detonator clips (better and more solid steel than on HT).

The Marmit still has a better overall helmet sculpt, but HT is very close. On the armor part the Marmit is great, but has its own issues already addressed (accurate but softer general sculpt, comes as a kit that needs assembly, legs/feet armor connected, thermal detonator not so good, soft PVC armor instead of hard ABS like SSC and HT, Marmit body is not that good compared to HT, but still not as floppy as SSC, and Marmit E-11 is weak in design for today's standards). And the fact that HT comes already assembled, and not as a kit, neither you need to futz the armor, and with good body that fits the armor, adds up to the HT.

So is HT overall better than Marmit and SSC? Yes. Is it perfect? No. Is it the best 1:6 Stormtrooper? In some parts it indubitably is, in some still needs improvement. Do I like it with all its issues? I love it and cannot wait for the pair to arrive.
smile.png
And as I said I'll have my glue ready once again if necessary.

It's so close, but short. It looks like a real life person, more realistic then the Sideshow version, just not enough like 1977 Mark Hamill.

does it say how big the bb8 is? i have a sphero its very small and i am very un impressed with its performance... the youtube videos make it look very fast, mine even has a hard time doing the jumps its so slow...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back