Hot Toys Star Wars

Re: Hot Toys Han & Chewie

Guys! Relax, it's a prototype, they even changed Christopher Reeve's head before the official release, the proto head sculpt was a tad slim. But I agree, so far HF hasn't been sculpted to perfection. Maybe they should rehire Arnie Kim to do the job, who sculpted Reeve and his face as I know isn't easier to do.

EDIT: I googled and saw he did Raiders HF… compared to Raiders, this sculpt is much better, but still a bit off.

EDIT 2: Head sculpt is done this time by Kojun, not Arnie Kim.

Last edited:

This was an easy purchase for me. As soon as I saw the sideshow email, I busted out the cc.

The Han sculpt really isn't that bad. Maybe his face a tad wider.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 162

Put some glasses on the Solo fig and to me it looks like Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Concords.

Where did tthey go wrong? yeah hair is dark but it's hard to nail down. The eyes seem off.

Something about the face is still off, I mean you can tell who it is but it just looks a bit off somehow. It's amazing how much trouble they seem to have with Ford considering all the other celebs they've knocked out of the ball park for their figures.

This was an easy purchase for me. As soon as I saw the sideshow email, I busted out the cc.

The Han sculpt really isn't that bad. Maybe his face a tad wider.

according to your pictures, it looks like chewie is just a little shorter that he should be. On the real, Han only reaches up to chewies chin, and on the figures his head reaches up to chewies mouth.

M6CTnlJh2-1.jpg

This is a photoshopped image of Han from the Sideshow Freaks forum, done by a member there. He changed the eyebrows, hair color and lower lip part. I personally think, his face should be less wider than in the prototype pics…

Last edited:

I'm really impressed with the hair on Chewy. Finally someone figured out how o do it.

I don't remember who made it but there was a 12in Han figure about 20 years ago that looked like Ron Silver. This one looks like Gregory Harrison.

I don't remember who made it but there was a 12in Han figure about 20 years ago that looked like Ron Silver. This one looks like Gregory Harrison.

Yeah, I guess Ford is really hard to capture in a sculpt. As has been mentioned here, already, we've never seen a dead-on sculpt of the man. I'm not paying a premium price for a half-way there sculpt of HF. NO WAY.

I'm totally on board for a Chewie. Looks awesome with realistic fur, finally!!! But it would be weird to get one without the other. Although, $500 for fancy "dolls" is pretty steep, so I could probably be okay with just Chewie.

Re: Hot Toys Han, Chewie, & Stormtrooper

Are those troopers Han and Luke? One appears to be bigger than the other and his armor fits better. Regardless, they look awesome!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back