Space: Above & Beyond - screen used props

I love that working pistol. I’ve been trying to find the parts myself to make a working pistol as well but have hit some walls on the scope. I’d be buying the pistol last as I have been looking for over a year for the scope and mount parts.

As for me, I have a few small items from the show.

Original screen used $100 bill used on the “Bacchus”
SaaBBushBill.jpg

Winslow’s screen-used flight suit. I am curious about the lack of the “Mars” and “Wildcard” patches and wonder if maybe this might have instead been for the character of LT Pisarek in the episode, “Eyes” as she was also very small and her flight suit on that episode matches this one exactly. I always suspected her role eventually became Winslow’s character:

winslowFSfront.jpg

Crew jacket from the show:

Crewjacket.jpg

And this is my reproduction outfit as would have been used in my favorite episode, “Sugar Dirt”:

FiveEightCompleted.jpg

Last edited:
First time I have seen this thread & WOW. Also fantastic to see some of the actual prop builders here too.

It`s such ashame the series was yanked from the air when it was, so much going for it & much more potential too.

As for myself it`s mainly replica stuff:
Resin Pisto (Wilco Models)l,
Field armour (Background style),
Grenade (Spats),
Black Flightsuit,
OD Flightsuit,
Flight armour,
Patches from Katarra,
Flight helmet,
Pad,
light,
Holster,
& a helmet camera (The last five awaiting on from SFH all made by Wilco)

Original SU stuff I do have are small items:
Laminated Flight plan,
Brass Dog tag,
Blue USS Saratoga baseball cap,
Helmet camera
& a paper prop (last three just got from a fellow RPF member) so will post all when they arrive.

Would love to own a SU flight helmet one day LOL

Jason

Last edited:
Nice costume there p51!
Thanks. I wore it to the Comic Con in Seattle last year, the first con I’ve been to in over a decade and the first in costume in about two decades. I didn’t have the pistol/holster yet at that time. I got really tired of people asking what it was, NOBODY I talked with remembered the show and most didn’t recall it when I described it. The most I got was a few people saying, “Oh yeah, I think I watched that…”
LeeSaabSeattle09.jpg

Kewl, ID, eltee i hope to have a set someday. Sec, Tellus and Aero-Tech.

I have some screen used / production made patches:
The space in my patch display is for a 5th Force Recon patch that i'm waiting for.
100_0156.jpg

O2 Monitor:
oxygen_17.jpg

And a Tellus colonist helmet coming from Dymerski.

I also have a partial replica marine costume i'm working on.

FullCostume.jpg

HelmetLeft.jpg

SM.....

Last edited:
CTF the "ey, `oh, let`s go!" tune was played in the pilot 2 part of this series. First when they were on Mars & then later as Hawkes goes "Fishing" into the Chig fighters in the astroid belt.

SM always nice to see your stuff mate :D

Jason

Here's my screen used space helmet from SAAB. No idea of what character used it. Still has the mini flourescent lights and the internal fan.

0362549.gif

Last edited:
CTF the "ey, `oh, let`s go!" tune was played in the pilot 2 part of this series. First when they were on Mars & then later as Hawkes goes "Fishing" into the Chig fighters in the astroid belt.

Cool! I thought I might've been remembering wrong.

How come this was cancelled? If it had the Ramones on the soundtrack, then it must've been good... like Pet Sematary. :confused

It got cancelled due to stupid time slotting of this series. Over here in the UK it was not uncommen to see this play well after midnight & from what I recall from people around the world, the same for them too.

They truely didn`t give the series the time slot or chance it deserved & thus when they got low viewing figures they blamed the series, when in fact it`s the studio & time slotting.
S:AAB was well worth a prime time slot & easily have secured a second series, maybe even more.

Ahh well at least there are enough of us who DO recall this gem & there from it`s first viewing.

Jason

fox did the same with firefly. I never understand american tv execs. intentionally killing their own shows.

its not doing well, we want to kill it, they dump it in a graveyard slot and then point to the viewing figures saying 'oh look, its crap'

fox did the same with firefly. I never understand american tv execs. intentionally killing their own shows.

its not doing well, we want to kill it, they dump it in a graveyard slot and then point to the viewing figures saying 'oh look, its crap'
Networks have done this for years and continue to do it. But Fox was especially brutal, in that they cancelled several “promising” shows in the 90s. The clear Matrix rip-off “Harsh Realm” could have been something but I think it ran for less than ten episodes! A buddy of mine worked on the WW2 episode and he refuses to talk about it to this day out of bitterness.
What kills me is that the Sci-Fi Museum in Seattle (which I really don’t live all that far away from) has some stuff from S:AaB, including a chig armor set, but also has a strict “no cameras” policy as well.

OK.... I can't stand it !! I loved the CHIG Design, Armor and Weapons !! I can't imagine how bulky, hot, and combersome wearing the armor would be, but MAN IT IS COOL !!!

The series ended too early.

I have wanted a good reproduction of the Marine Rifle and Chig Rifle - since I can't afford the originals. Thanks for sharing the pics.

If you have the time - a multi-view catalog of every tiny detail would be AWESOME !! The designs looked great.

There should be a large Science Fiction Museum where marvalous private collections could be displayed

I can only gaze upon this fine collection and weep :cry in Jealousy !!!

Thank you.

Gordon

I have a set of Chig armor and gun (screen used) and a replica marine helmet/pack-

saab%20props.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

Doc

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back