Jurassic Park Cane-amber egg

Petar

Hello everyone,

For a few weeks i manage to make wooden Hammond's cane,and i gather everything,but i have problem with amber egg.
I don't know how big should it be,since this is my first time I'm doing this,so i was hoping that you could tell me how big is?
I tried to make small hole on real chicken egg,and pour resin in it,but i think that's still to small.
Do you guys know some good way to make it?

Every comment is welcome.

A lot is going to depend on your cane size, both length and girth.

However, something good to use for a master is a plastic Easter egg, one that splits open in the middle. You can glue it shut, then fill and smooth the seam.

One thing to note, I wouldn't polish the master completely smooth. Yes, it should be pretty smooth, with no scratches or blemishes, but not ultra slick. Reason being, I bought Prop-Builder's cane molds, but decided to do an extra topper mold, since the toppers take much longer to cast than the cane bodies. The master I used for my mold was extremely polished, the problem comes when you've poured a bit in each half and go to put them together to finish the pour. With his mold, the surface was smooth, but not as smooth as mine. His mold had just enough bite that the sections already poured didn't move as easily. With mine, they mold was so smooth, the previously poured sections would slide a little inside the mold causing small wrinkles on the surface. Cast from easy one still required sanding and polishing the entire topper, but mine required a bit more all over due to the wrinkles.

- - - Updated - - -

hello, great project !

there are several threads here. For example this one : http://www.therpf.com/f9/jurassic-park-hammond-mosquito-cane-wip-216656/?highlight=jurassic+park+egg

I think than an egg from a chicken is too little. Perhaps you can try with a duck egg. It's bigger.
Or making a silicone mould...

good luck

I saw this thread when it first started, but didn't see when he had the topper done. I would recommend molding the topper the other way, with the small end of the egg having the pour spout and the bigger end being the top of the cane.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back