Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper Pics

Re: Episode VII Stormtrooper Pics

Hmm...I'm not totally sold on these designs but I'll keep an open mind. I think the stormtrooper looks weird without ears. A few extra details would have really made a difference, but I'm still excited!

The best bit about a new TK design is that we can dispense with the crappy canvas belt, rubber gloves and the things I hate the most - latex hand plates.

I love it, I can't wait to see the whole thing and get and build it. Can you imagine the theater full of these at Midnight?

- - - Updated - - -

How DARE you - go to your room!!! :lol

Has anyone posted the TIE yet?

There is an Episode VII TIE helmet shot floating around? Link?

Who knows if this is even real or just a fan's dream, but what has come out officially is impressive. You cam feel the love and respect from JJ for "Star Wars", this really pisses me off even more, I wish he had the same respect and love for "Star Trek" but after the last movie we can all see that, that's far from true.

I like that they're making them visually different, realistically there are going to be some who never embrace the new Star Wars stuff and/or hate what goes on with it so this way the new Stormtroopers, X-Wings, etc are firmly embedded in recognizable roots but are visually different enough that those who love and endear the originals can have them separated and "untainted", preserved and sacred.

The best bit about a new TK design is that we can dispense with the crappy canvas belt, rubber gloves and the things I hate the most - latex hand plates.

With all the crappy canvas belt, rubber gloves and latex hand plates, the Original Trilogy Stormie armor remains and will remain iconic forever.

Looks like we're going to have to wait and see.
If true, I'm split on it. It looks very like a motorcycle helmet and I wonder how much of that is future product marketing involved in the design. Additionally, If you follow the "mouth" line it almost appears like a smile rather than a frown...

On the other hand it does look sleek and like design moved forward with time.

Waiting for the movie...

A quick play in photoshop, looks like the brim is a seperate piece that slopes up into the trapezoid and there is a shape in the black cheek section. This seems to support others opinions that the eye section is a glossy tinted section and the lower is a mesh. That said the shape on the black cheek area could just be reflections.

6FZx79A.jpg

A quick play in photoshop, looks like the brim is a seperate piece that slopes up into the trapezoid and there is a shape in the black cheek section. This seems to support others opinions that the eye section is a glossy tinted section and the lower is a mesh. That said the shape on the black cheek area could just be reflections.

http://i.imgur.com/6FZx79A.jpg

Agreed. The eyes are actually still separate, with a black surround and then the brow is a separate piece as well. The tear drop is a large greeble and then the entire "mustache" is a mesh. Very smart design.

It makes sense they'd have evolved. Just like the clone troopers don't start looking like stormies either. I'm just really glad they're making physical armor. CG clones was a horribly misguided idea. It would have been so much more effective to have actors in armor. Although TKs are the original and best, I liked the clone designs a lot, and I'm sure this new one will also be fine.

Yeah Clone designs were pretty good but they looked terribly fake on screen, especially when they removed their helmets and had a photographed head floating above the body :rolleyes At least they saw sense to make actual costumes this time.

It's weird. I feel like this is an incredibly intuitive design - but it's so streamlined it makes me think of clone troopers. The first two trilogies, thematically, went from sleek/modern > industrialization. It's hard to decide where to go from there, so these may grow on me. I have to agree about the "skull" thing though - these aren't as menacing as the OT buckets.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back