The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Considering vol 2 Star Lord as my first real cosplay attempt (usually just build props). Anyone bought this one from Amazon, or have any feedback based on just the images of it? Reviews are very good, including some good photos of the actual item, but I trust peeps here more than on Amazon. Since it's one of the first ones to pop up in a search there, I assumed someone would have already posted here about it, but I can't find anything by searching this thread. If I missed it, sorry.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Leather-Garments-Guardians-Galaxy/dp/B06Y39CXHM

Looks pretty darn good to me, and it's real leather which is a plus. To my inexperienced eye it looks more accurate than the BLJ jacket. Will probably take some weathering to get the colors right, but that's to be expected at this price point...

Considering vol 2 Star Lord as my first real cosplay attempt (usually just build props). Anyone bought this one from Amazon, or have any feedback based on just the images of it? Reviews are very good, including some good photos of the actual item, but I trust peeps here more than on Amazon. Since it's one of the first ones to pop up in a search there, I assumed someone would have already posted here about it, but I can't find anything by searching this thread. If I missed it, sorry.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Leather-Garments-Guardians-Galaxy/dp/B06Y39CXHM

Looks pretty darn good to me, and it's real leather which is a plus. To my inexperienced eye it looks more accurate than the BLJ jacket. Will probably take some weathering to get the colors right, but that's to be expected at this price point...

That jacket has no slanted weave on the inside of the elbow and the yoke across the back of the neck/shoulders is just a plain piece of leather.

I would not buy it. You can do way better for that price.

That jacket has no slanted weave on the inside of the elbow and the yoke across the back of the neck/shoulders is just a plain piece of leather.

I would not buy it. You can do way better for that price.

Do you have any suggestions? I'm digging around in this thread and having trouble finding anything better for the price...

Do you have any suggestions? I'm digging around in this thread and having trouble finding anything better for the price...

As Zlurpo said, the whitesheepleather jacket.

I saw it in person at a recent convention and am seriously considering it myself. It's actual leather, not pleather, and very well made.

Thanks! That does look really good, though according to their description it is faux leather. I would really prefer the real stuff, though I guess beggars can't be choosers...

Does anyone has sources/pictures for the Quill's holster? I got the Nova Props but I'd like find one as in the movie.
Quill seems just put his blasters on it and they are not falling down. His magnet might be really strong to allow him to run with them...

I've already saw all the pictures on this thread, but I can never see clearly what he wears on his leather pads. I have the impression that at every picture there is something different :behave

Anyone has anything?

I was planning on doing it, bought a cheap scarf on ebay, made the art to make the houndstooth-esque screen print, but haven't gotten around to doing that yet. I was putting off working on that outfit much until Danny made the long coat, but he dropped the ball on that.

Ended up springing for the WhiteSheepLeather leather and stretch fabric jacket. Really wanted to save money, but in the end decided I would kick myself later for not spending the extra $ for real leather. Interaction via facebook was super helpful and prompt. They said it'll be a bit over a month, we'll see if that happens or not... :)

It arrived, and in record time, too! I expected with Halloween coming up they'd be swamped, but they pulled through and delivered!

As promised, a few pics. Now for a bit of weathering, though it hardly needs any...

20181023_171959.jpg20181023_172628.jpg20181023_171831.jpg

It looks like they got your sizing on point too! I contacted them too via facebook a few weeks ago regarding Ant-Man and when they told me it would take just a week I got a little concerned over quality issues...

It arrived, and in record time, too! I expected with Halloween coming up they'd be swamped, but they pulled through and delivered!

As promised, a few pics. Now for a bit of weathering, though it hardly needs any...

View attachment 850401View attachment 850402View attachment 850403

Any advice on how to get orange earpads replacements for the mdr 5 a headphones? Can´t find anything in europe.. there some on amazon us but that would cost 45 dollar shipping to europe!!!

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-09 um 19.40.59.png

Are those the ones you are using on your mdr-5a? :) hebrewersfan

ah, no I think my 5a's came with the stock pads, or at least something close enough, I haven't been able to find replacement ones of those. I bought the ones above for my MDR-3L2 headphones, which I had before I got the 5a's.

Here's a few pics to show the colors, the ebay pair wouldn't be as thick as the 5a's but the color makes them pop pretty nicely

IMG_3604.JPG

IMG_3605.JPG

IMG_3606.jpg

Last edited:
ah, no I think my 5a's came with the stock pads, or at least something close enough, I haven't been able to find replacement ones of those. I bought the ones above for my MDR-3L2 headphones, which I had before I got the 5a's.

Here's a few pics to show the colors, the ebay pair wouldn't be as thick as the 5a's but the color makes them pop pretty nicely

View attachment 904211

View attachment 904197

View attachment 904200
Thank you for the help and pictures! :)

Just finished my Xcoser overhaul. I bought the unfinished one off Amazon. Cut out the vent holes in the front, customized the padding inside, and cut out a blue tupperware lid to put as red light filters inside the lenses. They make things a bit dark and blurry though, so I'm open to other ideas.

IMG_20181115_201036.jpg
IMG_20181115_200424.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back