The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Screenshot_2014-10-26-19-59-48_1_1[1].jpg
I thought I'd share my costume with you guys. I made it a few months before the movie's release so its pretty simple.

Not on any of the three I have researched - two of which I bought. Have a link?

You bought two of the trench coats?

Are they different makers?

I've been trying to get opinions on them. I can't buy the custom trench here for $550. I wish I could, but it's not in the cards. How do you like the ones you got?

Hey im relatively new around here and im interested in getting a star lord helmet. I have one buolt already but its a pretty loose build and not very accurate. I was wkndering if you guys have any info or know anyone who has ordered this?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P9DHTRK/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_AM7Nub0YR8Y5J

Im curious if its worth the price of admisson?

This one looks pretty inaccurate too, and it's only got two out of five stars. Probably not worth your hard-earned money!

Hey im relatively new around here and im interested in getting a star lord helmet. I have one buolt already but its a pretty loose build and not very accurate. I was wkndering if you guys have any info or know anyone who has ordered this?

I bought this: http://www.rakuten.com/prod/star-lo...alaxy-star-lord-cosplay-adults/271307641.html

and am happy with it - the only caveat being that when the LEDs are on - you can't see very well.10841965_10205349848285067_7845755190608688985_o.jpg

I bought it in SEPT, I got my money back and was able to keep the mask.

It cut up my ear due to sharp projections on the collar. I also was bruised around my eyebrow.

It wasn't a hard-helmet as promised on the original Amazon ad. It's flexible.

The back is slit up the middle, you have to pivot the neck area wide open to get your head into it.

The electronic lenses are an assembly about 3/4 of an inch thick. I couldn't use them, I had to go get normal red acrylic lenses, so mine doesn't glow.

For anyone who has trouble seeing out of these with the red lights on, try getting a light blue transparent sheet and putting it over the eyehole. It should help with visibility by filtering out the red light.

If you're willing to put in some work, priming painting it, smoothing the rough spots, it might be worth $59. Like another said, it's not the most accurate, but you won't get that for sub-$100. It's more a costume mask than a collector-level product.

The one you linked to is the "normal" size. There is also a large version, which is not slit up the back, but it's so big I think it looks bobblehead-ish.

Last edited:
Am building the young Peter Quill ensemble for my 9 year old son. Need some HELP to ID the plaid red wool maybe shirt, the 2 remaining patches on the Jansport Backpack. NOTE: 2 versions exist: 1. when we are first introduced to Peter Quill on Earth and the other time hanging on board the MILANO ship. I already found the vintage backpack and the correct NASA patch. My attempt to build the later unless i can get definite IDs on the patched used on the first. Not sure if the plaid shirt is production made or retail. We have google image the results and yield close but not 100% screen accurate results. Feel free to time in on his esoteric build :) Link to the gray RIVER RAFTER t shirt we found HERE

vlcsnap-2014-12-28-17h04m14s115.pngvlcsnap-2014-12-28-17h07m35s91.pngvlcsnap-2014-12-28-17h09m01s135.pngvlcsnap-2014-12-28-14h29m27s110.pngvlcsnap-2014-12-28-17h11m07s177.pngvlcsnap-2014-12-28-17h18m09s4.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back