The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

It's funny cuz the zune was my first MP3 player! I used a Walkman till I was given that brown 30 gb zune so that joke was extra funny to me! So do you recommend going with the Disney blasters or buying individual disguise ones? Also where are you getting your jacket? I have a limited budget and don't know how to sow, I've seen some pretty good ones on eBay (not 100% screen accurate) like the superior leather one ($190). Although I've noticed you can get one that's the exact same except it's all one color (the lighter red) and no maroon and it's only $80.... idk man. Anyone have thoughts on this???

Whatever jacket you get, I recommend real leather. Fake leather is terrible at conventions. It's too hot and does not breathe.

coop5150
On ebay there are a bunch of star lord VOL2 short jackets in real leather for $119. Search for "star lord slim fit" with no quotes. Also try "galaxy 2 maroon leather jacket". And "star lord jacket" even. Watch out for options and such, make sure you are ordering a real leather jacket. You know, the normal stuff you gotta watch out for on ebay

Even if they are not completely accurate, I would think any of them would still make a good jacket until you can save up for something far more accurate. I'm still using my "slim fit" VOL1 jacket that way. Almost ready to order a more accurate jacket from a guy here on RPF.

Last edited by a moderator:
@coop5150
On ebay there are a bunch of star lord VOL2 short jackets in real leather for $119. Search for "star lord slim fit" with no quotes. Also try "galaxy 2 maroon leather jacket". And "star lord jacket" even. Watch out for options and such, make sure you are ordering a real leather jacket. You know, the normal stuff you gotta watch out for on ebay

Even if they are not completely accurate, I would think any of them would still make a good jacket until you can save up for something far more accurate. I'm still using my "slim fit" VOL1 jacket that way. Almost ready to order a more accurate jacket from a guy here on RPF.

Thanks! That's the one ive been lookin at. Do you (or anyone) know if there's a way to somehow color this jacket to make it look like this one? (all red to the multi colored red)
s-l225 (1).jpgs-l225.jpg

Is that all-red one of the $80 pleather jackets? That stuff is not easy to change the color of.

That multi-colored jacket is only $125 on ebay in real leather.

So just pay the extra 30. I can do that. Plus for real leather seems like a good deal. If anyone goes that route pictures would be GREAT!!!

@coop5150
I'm not sure if this is that same jacket as the multi-clor on ebay. But it gives an idea of what these look like in person.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=219777&page=83&p=4158347&viewfull=1#post4158347

As far as the pants. I can only hope Danny is selling those pants for that price when I'm ready for VOL2 build.

Anyways, a budget option. when VOL1 came out a lot of people bought motorcycle pants from ebay or you might find a VOL2 costume package there. I know some VOL2 pieces are being made by the overseas factories already.

Last edited:
@coop5150
I'm not sure if this is that same jacket as the multi-clor on ebay. But it gives an idea of what these look like in person.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=219777&page=83&p=4158347&viewfull=1#post4158347

As far as the pants. I can only hope Danny is selling those pants for that price when I'm ready for VOL2 build.

Anyways, a budget option. when VOL1 came out a lot of people bought motorcycle pants from ebay or you might find a VOL2 costume package there. I know some VOL2 pieces are being made by the overseas factories already.

Thanks man. What about a way to get the spats? Try to be screen accurate without droppin some dough and trying it yourself. What about EVA foam? I remember a lot of deadpool cosplays made their shin guards from EVA foam and it looked great

Thanks man. What about a way to get the spats? Try to be screen accurate without droppin some dough and trying it yourself. What about EVA foam? I remember a lot of deadpool cosplays made their shin guards from EVA foam and it looked great

I would work with vinyl before I went with foam for this. Mostly due to how the spat will flex while you walk, and especially if you connect it to a shoe. Even something relatively simple like running a strap under the shoe will make it flex.

was is the jacket mist people seem to be happy with? I was originally thinking about the jacket that hot topic was selling, but wanted something with a little better quality. I was looking at the black leather jacket website and that seems pretty good for a leather version if the shirt jacket. problem is looking at their Facebook page there seems to be complaints about either the jacket itself or just customer service. over all what is the one to go for, I saw Amazon previously but was never sure about those. thanks.

Several people here have ordered from black leather jacket and received their jacket and were satisfied. Also, BLJ is just a reseller and you can by the same jackets elsewhere like ebay or amazon if you are more comfortable that way. People just went with BLJ because they were the first to sell.

They often have new Guardians gear for sale before others, even ebay or amazon.

EDIT: I should probably add that these are more budget-minded options. There are some very accurate jackets being worked on here if you can afford it.

Last edited:
Thought I'd finally jump in and show off what I currently have! Got my ebay jacket in yesterday and am almost done repainting and weathering it! I've currently been through 3 different jackets over the last month (FanJackets, CosplaySky,) and this one is definitely my favorite. The back isn't that accurate, but I'm sure a few mods could help make it look better. The pants are from Cosplaysky and look pretty fantastic besides the color which I will be dying to get more of that terracotta color. The shirt is also from cosplaysky and I love it. The belt is a CostumeBase belt I got for super cheap off of amazon and added one of Nova Props Vol. 2 buckles to make it look even better. This belt is amazing for the price and would highly recommend it! The blasters are those cheap, plastic Rubies guns that have been repainted and have the carbon fiber handle wraps. I do have the actual TPS-L2 Walkman that I got a few weeks before the movie for $150 (was claimed to be broken, though I fixed it within a half hour...) Just need to get the boots, gaiters, and holsters! Would love to hear any thoughts on my current get up!
Jacket test 1.jpgJacket test 2.jpgJacket test 3.jpgJacket test 4.jpgUntitled collage.jpg

@harrypotterfan

Well, that confirms the overseas factories are making VOL2 pants now. It took about two years for the factories to put out a competent pair of VOL1 pants.

Those blasters turned out real well. Do you know how large they are compared to the Hasbro Quad Blasters that everyone uses?

I tried to find that costumebase belt. Do you have the item title or anything?

Thought I'd finally jump in and show off what I currently have! Got my ebay jacket in yesterday and am almost done repainting and weathering it! I've currently been through 3 different jackets over the last month (FanJackets, CosplaySky,) and this one is definitely my favorite. The back isn't that accurate, but I'm sure a few mods could help make it look better. The pants are from Cosplaysky and look pretty fantastic besides the color which I will be dying to get more of that terracotta color. The shirt is also from cosplaysky and I love it. The belt is a CostumeBase belt I got for super cheap off of amazon and added one of Nova Props Vol. 2 buckles to make it look even better. This belt is amazing for the price and would highly recommend it! The blasters are those cheap, plastic Rubies guns that have been repainted and have the carbon fiber handle wraps. I do have the actual TPS-L2 Walkman that I got a few weeks before the movie for $150 (was claimed to be broken, though I fixed it within a half hour...) Just need to get the boots, gaiters, and holsters! Would love to hear any thoughts on my current get up!

Your build looks fantastic! How are you re painting/weathering the jacket?

I just rewatched the GOTG Vol 2 Omaze thing on youtube from months ago (fundraiser/competition to go on set of vol 2 with Chris Pratt). At the beginning there is great shots of the blasters, and at the end there is a pretty good shot of his headphones. I remember someone said these ones were custom, I'm not sure if those in the video were Chris Pratt's actual pair of MDR5As, but they might be the new ones from the movie. Just lettin you all know

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back