thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice

Screenshot_20161011-221732.jpg

Phew.. James acknowledged the double payment. Hopefully the suit will be here before Xmas :(

Hey Snuppy,

Congrats, man! I really hope everything works out for you. After speaking with James from FBA on multiple occasions (via email), he seems like a very good dude. Based on my interaction with him, I feel like if there is anything wrong, he'll make sure to help to his fullest capacity. Good luck and I can't wait to see how your suit turns out (awesome, of course, lol). Take care.

Hey Snuppy,

Congrats, man! I really hope everything works out for you. After speaking with James from FBA on multiple occasions (via email), he seems like a very good dude. Based on my interaction with him, I feel like if there is anything wrong, he'll make sure to help to his fullest capacity. Good luck and I can't wait to see how your suit turns out (awesome, of course, lol). Take care.
Thanks LMTXVII. You bought a suit from James too? Was it the older version or the so called "new" ones with all the problems addressed like paint chipping, straps with hot glue, pieces falling off etc?

Hi Snuppy,

Naw, man. Sorry. Yeah, it totally sounds like I bought one already but unfortunately, not yet. I'm holding out for a fully-loaded War Machine. I'd love to hear feedback from anyone on here who has got one recently.

I'm in the process of shopping for a house and I'm actually taking into consideration finding one with a room with enough space to build a display for the suit once I get it! Priorities, lol.

Originally, I did have several questions for James and he has not only managed to answer them all, he did so quickly and thoroughly. My own interaction with him (as limited as it may be), is enough for me to believe that James is a stand-up guy. I'm confident that when I do go through with the suit, James will do his best to see to it that I am a satisfied customer. I sincerely hope he does exactly that for you and everyone else.

I really can't wait to start buying my suit. The only thing stopping me now is life and adulting, lol. Good luck, friend. I hope to hear from you soon.

PS: If you're interested, I may be able to get you a small discount on your FBA suit. Feel free to PM me for details.

For those that have invested in BFBA, James stated that I had a ship date before Oct. 8th (ordered on Sept 1st. last month) - just emailed him for an update so well pass on what I hear.

Man... after hearing that some parts are breaking off... for $3k+... thinking if I should cancel or just reinforce the insides of weak parts with lightweight fibreglass until James addressed my concerns. Now I'm like a little boy who can't wait for his present!Screenshot_20161012-232113.jpg

Last edited:
Update: Heard from James and its looking like shipping is scheduled for late next week. Fingers crossed and will post pics.

Can't wait to see the pics!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161014-005926.jpg
    Screenshot_20161014-005926.jpg
    1,011.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
20161017_180729.jpg20161017_180802.jpg

So.... no updates from James about suit progress.. But! He did respond to me about the battery types etc.
Also thanks to John here for answering my gazillion questions.

So I went out and got me a Nitecore Charger (apparently one of the best) with 8 pieces of TrustFire 14500, 900mah (yeah right) protected (gold indication at the bottom according to seller here) batteries, and 4 AAs.

I futureproofed buying double the batteries, cause figured I'll need backup for conventions and parties.

Until further updates.. hope these are the right ones or if they are, future purchasers won't scratch their heads like me wondering what batteries etc.

And also a dummy was purchased to display proudly in my home :)

Attachments

• 20161013_212631.jpg
    20161013_212631.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Dear Guys.
Much time unless last time i've entered there.
I've made some modifications to my armor like "SuperDave`s" modifications. I'll let with some pics from yesterday, is the armor that i use on con's i hope that u'll like it ;)

IMG_1691.JPGIMG_1689.JPGIMG_1690.JPG

Dear Snuppy I've changed the conectors of the suit and maked some battery packs like u can see below u can buy protected Ultrafire 18650 3000mAh that provide 15,5v and will work.
IMG_1699.JPG

That is so cool Shade086.

Just checking (if you have tested the time) how long would your batteries last (estimate) cause I don't think my 14500 batteries would take 3+ hours or more :(

Last edited:
Dear Snuppy I've tested and my batteries works for 5hrs aprox i've maked these packs for a full weekend con :)

5 hours for the bigger batteries... ah well... Just got to put an alarm in my phone.. kind of like ultra man (he only had 5 mins on earth to fight monsters before his alarm went off lol)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back