The Strain (FX television series)

yea that kids terrible, but he's also written that way in the book towards the end. I really like the Borns' bone sword. its looks really cool

I kinda had the same attitude about this show as I did Penny Dreadful. The first season just seemed to be full of characters that they had no time or effort in developing. Then season 2 hits, & all the waving threads seem to be tying together.

On both counts, I've enjoyed the second MUCH more than the first.

Hey my DVR started messing up at a certain point (see below) so could someone fill me in on what happened after...
Fez was captured in the cornfield. My picture/sound got garbled, but I tried turning on CC to read the dialogue, but it was spotty. I saw Fez talking to the guy in the barn, and saw that Fez told him he was looking for warhead. Nothing after that.

Finally got around to binge watching this today. I think I'm just about through S1.
Great so far. I don't remember much from the book to say how close it follows it. If I remember right, the books are actually re-formatted from the screenplay.

The master is about the only thing that looks horrible. His face is ridiculous looking. Like one of the loser contestant effects on Face/Off.

I just watched what I thought was the season finale on my DVR but realized it was the SERIES finale by what was happening. I enjoyed the series. I might have to look for the graphic novels to check them out.

I was pleasantly surprised at this series. Really enjoyed it and I am sad to see it end. I felt that the end was pretty abrupt though. What was the point in the professor trying to decipher the Lumen for the entire series??

I wasn't. They should have just followed the books, which were far, far superior. It's just like Wayward Pines. They decided to take a left turn at Albuquerque and wound up really destroying what could have been a great series, turning it into, at best, a mediocre one.

I loved this show and was extremely annoyed when the channel that was showing them in the UK decided to NOT show the final season!

Utter swines! I suppose i'll have to try and download it or something......

Rich

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back