Knightfall Azrael Batman

Re: Azrael Knightfall Batman - Help

I would think for the fins on the shin, you may have to make slits and have them poking through. I've done a number of 501st costume, but not many superhero ones, however I would expect and weight on the suit would just make the fins droop. I would probably do the fins out of foam and have them attach to a shin plate that would strap/Velcro around your leg. As for the gold chest pieces, I would imagine foam would be the best option if you want it to be rigid. Still flexible. However, For Darth Revan, there is a metallic piece in the mid section. We usually use a metallic fabric instead of a foam. I could see you even use a couch foam to stuff the fabric make the ridges and sew in the ribs to make that tube like look. For the shoulders, I would just use the same fabric. Heck, make a vest out of the fabric with the ribbed section attached as well, with the ribs attaching to the undersuit with Velcro. Then you can do the top chest and neck out of foam or pep and not have to worry about it rubbing against the gold pieces. I would imagine the flexibility will also be improved, rather than doing a stagnant section for the gold pieces.

Last edited:

Yeah heading out soon for supplies later tonight. Need to make up a list of what materials i need and i will upload my drawings later of how i am going to make this happen. Going to do a blend of the comic and the video game stay true to both sides that way comic book lovers and video game players will all get a nice feel from it. like there pictures here:
azrael02.jpg

Going to go with this neck piece here in the comic and come up with a blend of all the gauntlets and figure out some cool little led lights to make it look great. If it comes out really well ill post videos how to do it. Any ideas for the eyes? might have to go with a red mesh cause i dont think there are red leds that you can see through? ideas?

And are there any pepkura files i can use just in case some of these ideas dont pan out?

For my Kashyyyk trooper, we have green lens, but yes you can do red fine. Actually we take clear plexi and cut to shape. Then go to a window tint website and you can usually get samples for 25 cents. The tint is then placed on the clear plexi. I actually went with the mirror tint and I believe red was also a choice. Try Window Tinting Films For Your Home, Office And Car and click on the free samples. Also, you can use welders mask lenses. Boba Fett traditionally use them and I believe they come in red as well.

Just straight mirrored green. I have not done one myself, but check out the iron man pages. I know a few of those guys are doing light up eyes. I don't see why tint could not be applied to give the red look combined with whatever technique they are using.

See what im stuck on is should i sculpt and make a latex mask for the mask or should i do pep and make it like a helmet seen here... ugh this is frustrating -.-...
tumblr_l67tcrjmWF1qczvxj

Problem is, Azbat was only around for a short period of time and he evolved constantly from issue to issue. Add to that that different artist drew him differently, with slightly different color schemes to his gear, and you're left with no bottom-line costume to say that this absolute "HIS" costume. You can honestly pick whatever stage in his development that you want and be right. If you want to go with a mask, you're right. If you want to go with a helmet, you're right. He wore both at different times. Just choose what you think you'd like to invest into building and like having as a finished product. Just be ready for the work involved. :)
Good luck.

Problem is, Azbat was only around for a short period of time and he evolved constantly from issue to issue. Add to that that different artist drew him differently, with slightly different color schemes to his gear, and you're left with no bottom-line costume to say that this absolute "HIS" costume. You can honestly pick whatever stage in his development that you want and be right. If you want to go with a mask, you're right. If you want to go with a helmet, you're right. He wore both at different times. Just choose what you think you'd like to invest into building and like having as a finished product. Just be ready for the work involved. :)
Good luck.

Alright cool thanks man haha im thinking ill make both just to get some experience in both pep and latex in the arkham origins game its all one piece the mask and neck but im just going to do a mixture of all of them cause as u see in the one where hes taking the helmet off he has a neck piece which is what im thinking about doing for mobility that way im not doing a Batman Begins or Michael Keaton mask where im moving my whole body to look around hahaha so ima post some drawings of how i think i can make this awesome for everyone to enjoy and talk about! :D

I definitely think separate mask and neck is the way to go.
What you might think about for mask is something along the lines of what the fellow is doing with his Batman Beyond build: http://www.therpf.com/f77/batman-beyond-201312/index2.html
Note how he was experimenting with a solid mask with fabric stretched over it and tacked down. I've also seem a very similar process used with Spiderman masks where the use a plastic face shield to get that classic Spidey profile, cover it with fabric, and then attach the lens. Here's one thread where the subject is touched upon: http://www.therpf.com/f78/tasm-2-suit-204777/

Been looking into a lot of alternatives so its on pause til i figure out what i need and get some cash in mainly moneys an issue right now -.-

Just wanting to know how accurate you want to be?
Just a suggestion you could try the Arkham Knight helmet.
It looks pretty close and I have seen a couple of pepkura files that people have made.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back