DEAD SPACE Isaac Clarke Level 3 Suit SKS Props

Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Updated 1/17/14

Looking very good, I like the battle damage, not too much not too little :thumbsup

Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Updated 1/17/14

Cut out the ribs for the suit. They were sanded down and then blasted with a heat gun to toughen them up a bit.

IMG_1945_zpsc4cb4ec9.jpg

Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Updated 1/18/14

Iconic right arm armor - I started this build by cutting out and heat forming some thick styrene. Then curled the edges using a guide to match the in game look.

IMG_1959_zpsf3d2deab.jpg

Then I attached 1/2" mat foam to the styrene to bulk it up. After some time with my belt sander I got the basic shape roughed out and some damage detials added.

IMG_1962_zpsf7f7a81b.jpg

First coat of paint. I ran out of the copper so I'm not going to be able to finish these yet.
But a pretty damn good start!!

ds23_zps27c3a4fb.jpg

That is coming out so freaking good!

What are you using to cut the styrene? I've only worked with it a bit and I just cut it enough to score it and snap it. But that was thinner stuff too.

That is coming out so freaking good!

What are you using to cut the styrene? I've only worked with it a bit and I just cut it enough to score it and snap it. But that was thinner stuff too.

The stuff I used for the upper arm armor is about 1/4" thick and is probably more like wonderflex than styrene. Because of the tickness I just keep scoring till I go through then clean it up on my sander or with a Dremel.

I have had several people ask me on here and Facebook where I downloaded my template files from. Well, I don't have any files to download because I do everything "old school". I play the game, take screen shots off of my TV with a camera, and sketch everything out on newsprint paper to scale. Then when I think I'm pretty close I transfer it to whatever medium I plan on using. I still haven't learned how to do any of the pep file stuff yet. Pep files would have made it a lot easier but there is something to be said about making it from scratch. :)

Well it hit me today that between my actual job,filling Borderlands mask orders, and finishing the Dead Space costume I am going to be cutting it very close for comicon in March. So to try and speed things up I am going to mod a Nerf gun instead of building my plasma cutter from scratch. I don't really like doing this because I want it as accurate as possible. I might have to make one down the road but this will do for now. So here is the start of the plasma cutter build.

I took apart a maverick that I had laying aaround.

IMG_1530_zps1400ce67.jpg

Next I cut out the blades for the front of the gun

IMG_1532_zpse6035f9f.jpg

Starting to take shape

IMG_1534_zpse7daacf0.jpg

ds24_zps45756162.jpg

Re: DEAD SPACE Issac Clarke Level 3 Suit - Updated 1/19/14

Omg great work on the suit, I dont think you should worry too much about using a nerf gun.
By the looks of it and looking at your skill, it will come out just as nice plus you know the grip will be very nice to hold.

Good call on using that thicker styrene what thickness did you use?
Looks great so far it should work in a pinch this is coming together really well.
Keep up the great work Bro. :popcorn

Good call on using that thicker styrene what thickness did you use?
Looks great so far it should work in a pinch this is coming together really well.
Keep up the great work Bro. :popcorn

The blades and support are 1/4" the deatils pieces (you can't see yet because of them all blending in" are much thinner from a variety pack of styrene.

The foam and styrene together is a great idea. Adds some depth and some structure. Wish I would have used that idea on my build.

Very very cool man, Love the progress and how quick it is too! Quick question, you said heat blast the foam to toughen it? I have never used foam but plan to soon for chest armor so that just caught my eye.

Very very cool man, Love the progress and how quick it is too! Quick question, you said heat blast the foam to toughen it? I have never used foam but plan to soon for chest armor so that just caught my eye.

I don't know if any of the foam pros heat seal it or not. But before I brush it with mod podge I like to heat it up and then sand it a little bit. Although I will admit I don't use foam very often. I like my armor props to stay rigid so I like to use styrene and wonderflex

Plasma Cutter update

I made the detail piece that goes underneath the pistol grip. This is made up of a mixture of found items, styrene, and MDF that has been cut and sanded.
IMG_1537_zps720543f8.jpg

I fabricated the piece with the 3 holes to house the LED lights. It detaches from the body of the gun so you can replace the batteries.
IMG_1538_zpsaeee75b6.jpg

Here is a pic of the gun about 90% complete.
IMG_1539_zpsf9120f98.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back