Chewbacca Finished 1/1 costume..Pics relinked from photbucket to imgur!

Re: Chewbacca build- Finished 1/1 costume..New pics added today!

I was out with the ukg this sunday (matlock II) and I'm signed up for knight con in september.

cheers

Here are some pictures from sunday the 20th july in a place called Matlock.
It was a food and beer festival and The UKG were asked along for the second year to entertain the punters.

Anyway on to some pics...

IMG_0584_zpsbec97827.jpg

IMG_0566_zps55b320f1.jpg

IMG_0561_zpsc7ae4de7.jpg

IMG_0560_zpsd749f2a0.jpg

IMG_0521_zpsf16bb9b5.jpg

IMG_0516_zpsf13f99cd.jpg

IMG_0495_zps21dc8f65.jpg

cheers

Something about the mask just screams Chewie. I've seen a lot of good wookies, but few, including the one in Episode 3 look right. This one just has it! Kudos!

That's gotta be the best Chewie I've seen outside of the original trilogy. And yes, I'm counting the prequels in there...

Thank you for the positive comment s.

It really appreciated

cheers

So I wanted to upgrade the mask with some improvements to the form of the eye brows and forehead.The chin needed some more hair punched into the lower lip area as well.

Here was the mask at that stage.
98F37FCA-4AFA-4970-B714-8B8F1C95C48B_zpshzcjkulz.jpg

0F22D617-3A37-4537-B283-90BB5ACEB021_zps5u9ncumy.jpg

So I glued some silicone beneath the silicone faceplate and clamped into place
E7AA18EA-8296-4AE4-881B-66892C487267_zpsu5qykeyv.jpg

Then added hair to the forehead to bulk that are up.

The chin/bottom lip had more hair punched in as well as the eyebrow area. Its subtle but for me it looks better.

81C44C51-DAC9-49DF-A87C-320BB850A16A_zps37bys5zo.jpg

200A6D5B-2611-4624-9492-A43F4E7735F4_zpskyqsbtlj.jpg

cheers

Just seen this. excellent work. Chewie's exercise DVD will be a best seller! There's something very Tantive IV about that last shot on the machine.

Great work, as countless people have said. I only hope my own wookiee build can be maybe nearly as good. Though you set the bar pretty high!

I am building an original Wookiee design, not Chewie, and I am currently making the underskull.
If you don't mind me asking, how did you include the lip curl mechanism in your mask?

I am up to building this stage of the underskull specifically, but am having trouble conceptualizing this part. So I am looking for advice from other builders. How does the silicone skin and the wire mechanism attach to each other?

I completely understand the mechanism to make the wire rise and fall, as demonstrated in your video. I'm stuck on the idea of integrating the wire into the silicone lip.

Stuart freeborn used a type of peg as seen in this video

The power mesh was attached to the wire and then siliconed onto the back of the lip.
The teeth need to tilt forward. This helps with the lip returning back into position.

Hope that helps and good luck with your build.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef? Where did you find that footage and what is Freeborn actually doing there? What is the function of that loop?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Hi bud, it was from some old footage from Facebook, part of a documentary. It seems a plug which will attach to the lip is part of a mech made by stuart, It looks like it slides behind the upper teeth. Its a different way to what everyone assumes is the way it was done and it seems to make sense. Its definitely the way forward for a more realistic movement.

I don't suppose you remember what the documentary was?
Yeah, it makes sense how it works. I now see how Peter's comments about using repelling magnets to facilitate return when the jaw closes make sense. That mechanism doesn't look like the cable would return on its own.
It's also easy to see how the double hinge pivoting jaw thing would make the snarl change on each side so well without a cable joining both of the snarl wires.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

The doc wasn't available to the public and it was presented with no sounds and a time code .

I'll do another edit with a slowed down section of the closeup shot so you can see more.

It will be posted tomorrow for you here.

Cheers

Your suit is phenomenal, you really captured the look of Chewbacca and not just a random Wookiee. Simply outstanding.

Stunning suit and mask is awesome! And seeing doc with Stuart Freeborn and the mask was a great vid

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back