1/6 Scale - TARDIS from Doctor Who

What a fun build! This is looking sweet. Looking forward to future builds.

Now, about the inside of these things being bigger than the outside. Not for this project, but I've had the thought of having the outside corners fold back around the center-line of each side and make a cross of sorts with the outside corners touching and the walls facing each other. Then the inside components fold out forming the inside layout around the center console. There you have it... The inside is bigger than the outside! :D

Hey Robert, sort of like a pop up book except that it would not fold out automatically when turned inside out. Everything would be packed into the quarters and unfold manually more like a transformer. Pop up features might be part of the resulting action when a panel is folded down. I do not have the idea fleshed out yet as it was just a thought in the back of my brain.

Sorry to make your brain hurt Watson, you need it to create additional awesome laser cut creations.

It looks so good, I've ordered mine and it should materialise quite soon ! I'm going to have to think about lighting, I think it will make a big difference with this kit.

BBC radio 4 extra just broadcast a documentary about the radiophonic workshop, some great sounds...more temptation, does the Tardis have Big Bluetooth?

This is the first kit for a long time that has exceeded my expectations.

Yes, it has materialised in the UK and it's great. Precision cut pieces that are flawless, a construction concept that is novel for scale models, but so appropriate here, plus immaculate details.

The miniature handles, lock, lamp and signage are beautifully and accurately made.

Don't think that you need carpentry skills, if you recognise a right angle and can use glue, you can make this kit. If you can fill tiny gaps and cut strip at 45 degrees then you'll have a better built Blue Box than the BBC.

Greg Watson has thought about this kit... a lot ; it's an antidote to every warped resin kit that ever graced a sink full of hot water; it will cure "why the hell did they make it that way-itis"; you will smile and younger family members will not have to leave the room due to the adjectives voiced during construction.

I know that I'm going to enjoy this build and it will be refreshingly different from any previous project.

Oh, and Greg Watson is a delight to deal with, so if you are tempted, just give in. If you're a Doctor Who fan and not tempted, check your pulse.

Wow, I really don't know what to say to this..... :$ I don't think I could ask for a more glowing endorsement. BTW John here is the newly minted Part I video for the assembly. It is for the base.

Greg

Part I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex4ql1OlXw4

This is the first kit for a long time that has exceeded my expectations.

Yes, it has materialised in the UK and it's great. Precision cut pieces that are flawless, a construction concept that is novel for scale models, but so appropriate here, plus immaculate details.

The miniature handles, lock, lamp and signage are beautifully and accurately made.

Don't think that you need carpentry skills, if you recognise a right angle and can use glue, you can make this kit. If you can fill tiny gaps and cut strip at 45 degrees then you'll have a better built Blue Box than the BBC.

Greg Watson has thought about this kit... a lot ; it's an antidote to every warped resin kit that ever graced a sink full of hot water; it will cure "why the hell did they make it that way-itis"; you will smile and younger family members will not have to leave the room due to the adjectives voiced during construction.

I know that I'm going to enjoy this build and it will be refreshingly different from any previous project.

Oh, and Greg Watson is a delight to deal with, so if you are tempted, just give in. If you're a Doctor Who fan and not tempted, check your pulse.

Last edited:
bluecallbox137.png bluecallbox138.pngbluecallbox139.pngbluecallbox140.png
bluecallbox141.pngbluecallbox142.pngbluecallbox143.pngbluecallbox144.png

- - - Updated - - -

bluecallbox150.pngbluecallbox149.png

Attachments

• bluecallbox145.png
    bluecallbox145.png
    804 KB · Views: 128
  • bluecallbox146.png
    bluecallbox146.png
    714.5 KB · Views: 145
  • bluecallbox134.jpg
    bluecallbox134.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 167
  • bluecallbox135.jpg
    bluecallbox135.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 146
  • bluecallbox148.png
    bluecallbox148.png
    458.1 KB · Views: 134

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back