Indiana Jones Webley "WG" Revolver Replica

Davidishida

Hello all,

I am a huge Indiana Jones fan, and like many others I have a lot of issues finding a Webley replica for my gear.

I was wondering if anyone here knows of any metal replicas of the Webley WG revolver used in Last Crusade and Crystal Skull.

Thanks!

Don't know if you are a member at COW or not, but this has been an ongoing search for many members for many years over at COW. You probably already know that the WG you are referring to is the one with the birds head grip. Just doesn't seem to be available in a metal replica.

Rook 3 makes an awesome nonmetal replica that I highly recommend.:thumbsup

Michael

Last edited:
There are a few good resin replicas around. Denix makes a metal Webley mkIV too if youre interested in a metal "close enough".

Does anyone know if Wade Egan is still making them? His Facebook and site seem to be inactive.

Edit: Nevermind I found an existing thread about it

Todd doesn't show them on his site at this time. He only shows the S&W which is out of stock.

The Denix Mark IV looks pretty good on the Denix site and is a good price for a quality metal replica. But as I recall, this model is substantially smaller due to it's smaller caliber (.38 as opposed to the whopping .455 WG) so it will probably be swallowed up by a full size Webley holster.

There's one of Wade's up for sale second hand over at COW, but from what I've seen in pics, Wade's cast is much rougher than Russ's (Rook 3) which is pristine.

Russ made two versions and I've owned both. A "functional" one where the "top break" opens and a "stunt" model which is solid. I kept the stunt model as it looked just as good and was more sturdy.

Also I'm blessed to own an actual WG which is one of the centerpieces of my collection!

Best to you on your search!

Michael

Thank you all for responding!

A follow up question then, is it possible to get the birds head grip parts and just redo the handle frame? Has anyone tried that kind of mod off a Mk IV or Mk VI?

Also, I have read a lot about Rook 3 and his replicas, but I cannot find any place to get them. I have tried his personal website but none of the pages are found. Forgive my ignorance, I am a very new member of the RPF. Does anyone know where to view some of Rook 3's gear?

Rook 3 is a member here, so I would suggest contacting him directly through a PM. He is a real nice guy and very knowledgeable about the WG and any prop replica's of this gun.

He can also give you the best answer about modifying the grips.

Here's a few pics of Rook's WG replicas from my collection:

Top break version:
013.jpg

Stunt model:
010-11.jpg

Stunt model:
009-10.jpg

I believe Rook's Webley's are as close as we can get to the real thing, until someone makes a quality all metal version!:thumbsup

Michael

If I remember correctly, Rook's casts/mold were made from Wade's real MkVI without permission by the same guy that made the molds for Wade.

If I remember correctly, Rook's casts/mold were made from Wade's real MkVI without permission by the same guy that made the molds for Wade.

I can't answer for the correctness of your entire statement, but there are two errors in it.

First, both Rook and Wade offered versions of the WG, not the MK VI.

Second, Wade didn't have a "real" WG to make a mold from. So Wade asked other members, (including me, ) to borrow theirs so his associate could make a mold. I understand that Raider Zee loaned him his WG for this purpose.

That leaves the "without permission" part of your statement, which I can't verify either way.

This post seems to imply some sort of wrongdoing, possibly involving our good friend Rook. Was this the intent of your post?

Thanks,

Michael

My bad, I meant the WG. What I know is that for a long period of time Wade had a real WG in his possession, I had assumed he actually owned it. From what I gathered, all second hand, that gun was sent to another prop maker here on the boards to mold it after a couple failed attempts in his shop. There was a long delay in getting the molds and gun back from that prop maker because he was making molds for Rook before he made Wade's. Again, this is all the information I had. For all I know there was more going on behind the scenes. And no fingers pointed at Rook, I was never given the impression that he was aware of or behind any wrongdoing. That would fall to the guy that made the molds.

And no fingers pointed at Rook, I was never given the impression that he was aware of or behind any wrongdoing. That would fall to the guy that made the molds.
Thank you for that, Risu, as that wasn't clear to me in your first post!:)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back