Captain America TWS Shield Harness

Dub

Anyone have any plans to make this shield harness? If so, are you custom fabricating the center buckle?

I imagine plenty of people will want it to go with their TWS outfits.

Also, any blue shields out there?
1382480720000-CAPT-AMERICA-WINTER-SOLDIER-MOV-jy-9061.jpg9401656753_99f4a50762_z.jpg
1382479738000-CAPT-AMERICA-WINTER-SOLDIER-MOV-jy-9064.jpg

Also, the shield appears to be magnetized-how else does he put it on so fast in the elevator scene otherwise?

Also, the shield appears to be magnetized-how else does he put it on so fast in the elevator scene otherwise?

Magnets are the way to go man. I'm using a magnet with my soon-to-be shield and so far it works great. Just make sure you pick a magnet that isn't to strong or to weak. I use the magnet to 'backpack' the shield and as the upper forearm 'strap' mainly for speed and ease of use (plus I can do the kick-and-catch move from the elevator scene in the trailer:cool).

Magnets are the way to go man. I'm using a magnet with my soon-to-be shield and so far it works great. Just make sure you pick a magnet that isn't to strong or to weak. I use the magnet to 'backpack' the shield and as the upper forearm 'strap' mainly for speed and ease of use (plus I can do the kick-and-catch move from the elevator scene in the trailer:cool).
I've been using rare earth magnets for a little while now in my costumes, and I love it! Gonna practice the kick-flip once my new shield is finished. Also, working on the gloves today, and casting the helmet this weekend.

I was just trying to build a harness that looks somewhat like the blurry photos of TWS back I have seen. I made this one entirely out of wood using a jigsaw and drill... what I would give for a home CNC machine to make this simpler. :p I'm still not sure how I'm going to attach the shield. Maybe magnets to help guide a latch or something, but I wouldn't want to rely 100% on magnets to hold my shield on there, especially when getting banged around at a convention.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
IMG_1909.JPG

So I think I'm going to modify that wooden harness so that there is a gap between the top brackets. That way I can slide a retaining bolt or something similar that will be attached to the shield, which will safely hold the weight of it.

Also, I should mention that I asked a fellow RPF'er (laellee) to help with a CNC pattern so I can get one of these babies cut out of aluminum. I'm just calling around for CNC pricing now... Hopefully it won't be hundreds to get one cut. Two places that I called were over $250 just to start. :(

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back