Batman Beyond-based on art by Mark Vick

This is going to be so epic. We're all impatiently waiting to see this amazing work of art completed. Keep drinking those Monsters!

Round 3 is done.

uploadfromtaptalk1425455826476.jpg

Whats the prupose for putting that stuff around the clay if i may ask ? im new to this lol. I know its called casting but if you sculpted the details out what are you doing this for?

cause he is making a two part mold so those card boards or what have you sticking out will be seam lines.If i am wrong someone correct me:)

cause he is making a two part mold so those card boards or what have you sticking out will be seam lines.If i am wrong someone correct me:)

You are correct sir. This way I can make a two part mold for the upper and the lower parts of the mold. This way, when I cast them, I can cast them as individual pieces rather than entire suit.

Speaking of mold making, I'll be doing the last section tomorrow and then demolding on Tuesday.

The mannequin head on top is kinda creepy. When are you going to do your first cast?

Yeah chocolate man was pretty creepy. When I lived in a studio apt and my then GF/now fiance would stay the night, I had to cover him with a sheet cause he was standing about 5 feet from the foot of the bed.
I'll probably do my first cast in a couple weeks. Gotta clean the mold, take out the wheels and then buy the silicone.

Sorry for the lack of posting. With Phoenix Comic Con and Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con in the pipeline, (not to mention planning a wedding with my fiance) I've been working on a variety of things for commission and personal use

Cyclops visor for a charity raffle

Tesseract holder - http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=236370

Steampunk sword -commission

And large format reprap 3D printer

I'm still cleaning out the clay from the molds and I hope to do done test areas in the near future. Thickness and color mostly.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1427996109046.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427996109046.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 228
  • uploadfromtaptalk1427996142247.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427996142247.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 190
  • uploadfromtaptalk1427996272490.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427996272490.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 189
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back