Tesseract holder : Avengers

AGFRX7

Sr Member
Hello everyone. After building the orb from Guardians of the Galaxy thanks to Rpf member EIN, I decided that I would like to build each infinity stone object. I already made the aether container from the easter egg after Thor: dark world and since I already have made the tesseract, I figure that making the holder as seen at the end of the Avengers would seem like the next step. All this is being rendered on my IPad Air and printed on my Makerbot Replicator 2

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427500465.134032.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427500478.383552.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427500496.249396.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So.. I'm running into a small issue. I need 5" diameter, 1/4" thick clear tubing and I really don't want to do glass. Everywhere I'm looking, they want an arm and a leg. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Realized that there were some parts not quite as accurate as possible. So made a few changes
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427583196.938963.jpg

How many metres does it take to make it, I am considering a 3d printer but thinking on cost, it looks great. !, so mainly a general question.

Thanks

Richard..

How many metres does it take to make it, I am considering a 3d printer but thinking on cost, it looks great. !, so mainly a general question.

Thanks

Richard..

Not sure on the length it has used but it has used about half a 2kg spool of 1.75mm filament. A single spool of Shaxon brand filament sold at Frys Electronics costs about $27 after tax. Keeping in mind that this thing is very large, that's not too shabby. I predict that it'll use about a spool and a half to print both ends of the holder. I can print an entire Iron Man helmet and not even use and entire spool. [emoji2]

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back