Casting a Silicone Mask with Silver RTV Silicone

gwizah

So I was thinking of building/casting a DESTRO from the GI Joe cartoon series helmet/mask. After looking at the Smooth On Tutorial here I got to thinking, would it be possible to cast a Destro mask with a silver powder coat, like the silver bullet powder, instead of using a silver-chrome paint? Then I got even more pie-in-the-sky and thought, What if I were to use some Silver RTV silicone and actually gave the mask some "flexibility"?

Has anyone here ever used some type of "silvering" additive to silicone before? Is it possible?

Okay, I don't really know much about silicone, other than Platinum Cure and Tin Cure don't mix, but I am wondering how these guys got this mask silver:

Isaac the Robot Mask

The Smooth-On Silc-Pig colors don't seem to have any "metallic" colors, and the Cast Magic Silver doesn't appear to be compatible with Silicones (I think?).

Is there any way to paint or cast a silicone mask in silver metallic?

I think the problem here is that you're posting under the wrong RPF category. I think people who frequent the Sculpture and makeup category may be able to answer your questions or give you their insights. I'd move this thread over there. Good luck!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back