SKYRIM Dragon Priest Mask

BBprops

Hey guys my name is Brett and I'm new on these boards. I thought I'd share a recent project of mine.
This method is probably well known to many of you talented people but it may help some newbie’s like me so here I go.

I decided to sculpt my Dragon priest mask rather than use papercraft as I wanted a more organic feel to this piece and wanted to look as natural as possible. After all it's an ancient mask from the land of Skyrim.

View attachment 211418 View attachment 211421

Next step was the silicone mould, I decided to do a skin mould to cut costs down. It worked! so I was pretty stoked to start pumping these out.

mould.JPG Mould2.JPG

I decided early on I was going to cold cast these but the tricky part for me was to find a dense mesh that had full visibility. I managed to find a really cool fly mesh that worked perfectly. looks black in photos and on display but when worn I can see no problem at all.

Left is cold cast bronze and right is cold cast iron (unpolished)

raw cast.JPG eye mesh.JPG

I lined the mask with felt and gave it removable leather straps (for display)
Again, I wanted it to feel as authentic as possible so none of this Velcro or elastic straps. Real leather all the way! And had no problems with making it adjustable from the top and sides.

Leather Straps.JPG Felt backing.JPG

Here are some finished Bronze masks.

Run.JPG

I used a strap cutter on a leather hide.

Yeah for some reason the images won't show anymore. I'll try and re edit so they work.
I sculpted this from plasticine originally.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back