Tusken Raider mask

JetSetWilly

I started my Godzilla Tusken Raider before the weekend and it's now ready for the final dressing, just need some more fabric glue to hold the first few layers down.
As usual I forgot to take pics until I was well into it but you get the idea.

I used the 'Amazing Goop' that came with the kit for gluing the eyes and tusks. First time I've used the stuff and it's perfect for the job, slap it on thick and leave over night.
Next was the lambskin, this was quite time consuming and very fiddly. I messed around cutting the correct length and practiced many times putting it in place in and around the mouth then once confident I applied the glue. Tricky and sticky but I'm happy with the result.
Also cut the lambskin to fit around the tusks so not to show any latex at the end.

th_P1040682_zps78e2219d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Next was the nose/tooth. It was suggested using a combination of adhesives for metal to latex so again slapped a bit of goop and epoxy and left it clamped over night.
On top of that goes the leather strips. This was my least favourite due to fiddly sticky positioning and trying not to get epoxy on the previous strips. Again, these were clamped and left over night.

Now the horns, nice and easy, and a strip of cloth around the eyes and tusks to cover any latex showing through.

th_P1040808_zpsa169c7ba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

th_P1040809_zpsa049553e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And that's where I'm at, the cloth has been dirtied slightly and just need more fabric glue to finish him off.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back