Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Thank you! and there's still T track on there too, ***** I thought it had come off by ROTJ

is this bob andersen on the left?
attachment.php

i was telling Kevin how i watched RoTJ last night. i cant believe how many times you can see how bad the emitter is on the V2. im amazed we never picked this up before. some scenes i noticed last night

-vader shaking the v2 at luke while he's in handcuffs on the bridge
-after vader hands it to palpatine you can really see the misshapes
-the v2 sitting on the emperors chair
-luke walking on the over head bridge in the throne room

i was telling Kevin how i watched RoTJ last night. i cant believe how many times you can see how bad the emitter is on the V2. im amazed we never picked this up before. some scenes i noticed last night

-vader shaking the v2 at luke while he's in handcuffs on the bridge
-after vader hands it to palpatine you can really see the misshapes
-the v2 sitting on the emperors chair
-luke walking on the over head bridge in the throne room

cool!
I'll have to rewatch it again soon, it brings whole new layers to the film.

cool!
I'll have to rewatch it again soon, it brings whole new layers to the film.

the funniest part is when vader is stalking luke under the throne room, before he starts talking about leia. the V2 is in Vader's left hand. not good enough to see any damage to it, but you can clearly see the saber

what amazes me is the whole catch scene you cant really see any damage on the edge
Luke-Skywalker-s--V2--Lightsaber.jpg

I thought this was already common knowledge (among V2 fans).

i didnt know it was in that bad of shape on screen. when we saw the celebration 7 photos i thought the emitter damage happened in storage, with palpatine holding the saber the damage looks almost exact. I personally have never noticed that before, and have never read on here in the past on how bad of shape the emitter was ON screen.

v2cap2.jpg

i always noticed the flat spot, but never anything else, i thought it was shadowing

Yeah that shot pretty much confirmed the warping and dents in the emitter were there back in 82.

Came across a few photos I havent seen before, cant really see anything new, but still good to have here since the V2 is in them.

Return of the Jedi 3_zps4z5h9s8i.jpgReturn of the Jedi 10_zps0fyccpje.pngReturn of the Jedi 4_zpsfscqvuzi.jpg

Last edited:
So it is possible to warp the AnakinStarkiller emitter, but I had to use multiple sizes of pliers and do a bit of sanding to smooth out some tool marks from the bending. Nothing cracked. I may bend them a little more are they are much less obvious to the naked eye.

IMG_9958.JPGIMG_9959.JPGIMG_9960.JPGIMG_9962.JPG

And regarding how we could never ever see this warping in the catching photo, well check this out:

IMG_9953.JPG

So it is possible to warp the AnakinStarkiller emitter, but I had to use multiple sizes of pliers and do a bit of sanding to smooth out some tool marks from the bending. Nothing cracked. I may bend them a little more are they are much less obvious to the naked eye.

View attachment 700445View attachment 700446View attachment 700447View attachment 700448

And regarding how we could never ever see this warping in the catching photo, well check this out:

View attachment 700451
Bravo!

i didnt know it was in that bad of shape on screen. when we saw the celebration 7 photos i thought the emitter damage happened in storage, with palpatine holding the saber the damage looks almost exact. I personally have never noticed that before, and have never read on here in the past on how bad of shape the emitter was ON screen.

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y323/lightningdan/V2 saber/v2cap2.jpg

i always noticed the flat spot, but never anything else, i thought it was shadowing
That was the point i was trying to make last week :)

View attachment 700445View attachment 700446View attachment 700447View attachment 700448

View attachment 700451

Dude I love how that came out!!!! Big thumbs up on that man!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No heat. Again, it was really hard to bend and I probably need to make it more prominent, so it's still not easy, but its doable.

It's way easier to slam the emitter than it is to use any kind of plier. There's just so much more force with a good slam (maybe an order of magnitude or more?) Similar to slamming, lock up the saber in a padded vise and then hit the emitter with a solid hardwood broomstick (or axe/sledge hammer handle)

That probably wont wont with the AnakinStarkiller saber, that lip is much thicker and harder to bend.

If you can bend it with pliers, slamming it will definitely work. :) It doesn't matter what alloy either, it's going to give - I've bent 6061 a lot thicker than the rim on that emitter. The benefit of hitting it with something made of wood is no tool marks. You'd definitely screw up the piece of wood though. A steel bar instead of wood will work too, but might leave additional spot marks/depressions.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back