Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Jun 6, 2017, 1:09 AM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2551

Sym-Cha said: View Post
    I'm not certain whether I or someone else posted this V2 picture in this
    thread already ... it's archived as 'v2-brandon-SWCA-1.jpg' in my files :

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...psqb8wfbzi.jpg

It gives a good view on the weathering on the front of the emitter

Cha´m
    This picture is from celebration '15 from Brandon, which I manipulated for correct perspective for my lever reconstruction.
    From
    Fort Worth TX
    Jun 6, 2017, 10:58 AM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2552

roygilsing said: View Post
    This picture is from celebration '15 from Brandon, which I manipulated for correct perspective for my lever reconstruction.
    Also the main image I used for the stencil on the emitter section.
  3. RPF Premium Member
    Jul 12, 2017, 10:57 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2553

Ok...I was reading through some of the thread and I will continue to but figured i would post this question anyway that might clarify it more quickly. I admittedly am not a light saber expert but as I wanted to collect one or two as a representation display for SW I had done a great deal of looking into the Graflex because of the history in the movie perspective but always really liked the ROTJ saber so coming across a decently enough priced one I picked one up and now looking a bit deeper at the details of this one.

I looked before ordering but the one I have looks like a bit of a combo of the Hero and the V2 and I figured I might try to mod it to the one I could most accurately represent. At the same time I kind of like the emitter detail of the behind the scenes TFA/TLJ version... My main question is the diameter substantially different between the two, one looks a little more slender maybe and specifically the emitter platform. With the V2 being different how much wider or so it appears is it? The V2 (and possibly the TFA/TLJ?)always looks wider to me and wider than the "Hero" of which mine I think looks closer to. Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170712_223939.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	3.86 MB 
ID:	743741
    Last edited by Skippy2k; Jul 13, 2017 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Attached image.
  4. Mystery Chunk RPF Premium Member PoopaPapaPalps's Avatar
    From
    IA, USA
    Jul 13, 2017, 5:31 AM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2554

Yes. The short of it is that the V2 is a little bit different in size to the Hero. The Hero is a little smaller and slimmer than the V2/Shared Stunt props. You can read a whole lot more on the subject, and with less time put in, by using the prop "Bible" @SethS compiled. It's pinned to the top of the Star Wars thread.
  5. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Jul 13, 2017, 3:14 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2555

V2! Sixth Scale! Someone's been paying attention

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=500

Name:	PD14999456702r0.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	743852
  6. RPF Premium Member
    Jul 13, 2017, 6:16 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2556

Edraven99 said: View Post

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=500

Name:	PD14999456702r0.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	743852

That appears to be the ISYHCANL / Insert Shot Hero and not the V2.
  7. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Jul 13, 2017, 6:23 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2557

ALLEY said: View Post
    That appears to be the ISYHCANL / Insert Shot Hero and not the V2.
    Heh... I posted a similar response to a question just like yours on FB... but it actually looks like an amalgam of the different ROTJ sabers... the hero saber didn't have the cone knob or the mystery chunk....
  8. Member Since
    Jan 2016
    Jul 13, 2017, 6:44 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2558

Edraven99 said: View Post
    Welllllllllllllllllll.... I dunno 'bout that. Does a plastic robot hand have blood in it? I didn't see any coursing through his forearm when they had his trap-door open at the end of ESB where we got to see all the mechanical gibblygook tendons in there when they were poking his new robot fingers.
    From
    Germany
    Jul 14, 2017, 10:44 AM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2559

Epic fail from HT.The V2 would be a lot nicer for this figure and the scenes.The Hero on the eperor┤s throne...
  10. RPF Premium Member Pixelpiper's Avatar
    From
    Canada
    Jul 14, 2017, 4:52 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2560

That saber is just an example of Hot Toys careless attitude toward detail - many times they seem to prefer to do their own thing rather than mimic the source. They make some great products, but they gloss over a lot. Their ESB Graflex for their Bespin Luke isn't very good and they simply re-used it for their ANH figure.

Inigou (who's here in the forum) made a faithful V2 in 1/6 which was available at the same time as his ROTJ Luke head sculpt.
  11. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    Jul 14, 2017, 5:39 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2561

Pixelpiper said: View Post
    That saber is just an example of Hot Toys careless attitude toward detail - many times they seem to prefer to do their own thing rather than mimic the source. They make some great products, but they gloss over a lot. Their ESB Graflex for their Bespin Luke isn't very good and they simply re-used it for their ANH figure.

Inigou (who's here in the forum) made a faithful V2 in 1/6 which was available at the same time as his ROTJ Luke head sculpt.
    While I don't disagree with you with regards to the laziness of the ANH and TFA sabers, I think they tried to do a decent job on the saber here...

There are three sabers depicted in the film and it looks like HT incorporated elements of all three in their hilt - cone knob, mystery chunk - v2; Graflex clamp - v2/v3; control box, emitter and rings - hero

At least what it looks like to me with the limited pictures we've seen so far...

Name:	19959252_1479008225456045_6971303950541899493_n.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	744068
    Last edited by Edraven99; Jul 14, 2017 at 5:49 PM.
  12. Mystery Chunk RPF Premium Member PoopaPapaPalps's Avatar
    From
    IA, USA
    Jul 14, 2017, 7:58 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2562

Pixelpiper said: View Post
    That saber is just an example of Hot Toys careless attitude toward detail - many times they seem to prefer to do their own thing rather than mimic the source. They make some great products, but they gloss over a lot.
    I wouldn't say it's completely careless towards all things but they are very selective with their products and to what and where they want to put the effort into accuracy. The biggest example that cheeses me off was their treatment with the 89 Joker and the Ledger Joker(s). The latter got so many reissues with each one improving accuracy but the one release of the original Nicholson Joker is rife with numerous inaccuracies. I mean, if you've got the one chance to make it, at least do it right!
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 17, 2017, 9:51 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2563

I'm not sure if the Luke v2 lever thing was ever settled, but I found this picture of a vintage guitar and the locking nut lever looks a lot like the lever on the v2 to me.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	138 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	744906
  14. RPF Premium Member scottjua's Avatar
    From
    Plano, TX (Dallas)
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 11:12 AM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2564

Dude... I never thought of a Capo lever. That's genius!
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 11:48 AM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2565

Jedimasterty said: View Post
    I'm not sure if the Luke v2 lever thing was ever settled, but I found this picture of a vintage guitar and the locking nut lever looks a lot like the lever on the v2 to me.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	138 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	744906
    Crazy find!!!!
  16. Mystery Chunk RPF Premium Member PoopaPapaPalps's Avatar
    From
    IA, USA
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 11:49 AM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2566

A quick look through Google for vintage capo levers makes me think that the shape makes it a possibility but the size looks problematic with what's on the V2. The locking nut lever for the guitar is the opposite: size looks right, just not shape.
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 10:07 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2567

The shape does look a little off, but the size is definitely spot on.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	47 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	745141Click image for larger version. 

Views:	46 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	745142
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 10:14 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2568

dang this is exciting!
    From
    NYC
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 11:05 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2569

Unfortunately, I forgot to save photos, but I saw a vintage graflex clamp on ebay (several months ago), which had the exact same lever as the v2. That made me believe that the v2 lever was on at least a few clamps, and perhaps was a replacement sent out by Graflex. So, I'm not completely sold on the capo idea yet, unless the capo replacement was a common remedy for broken levers.

Jedimasterty said: View Post
    The shape does look a little off, but the size is definitely spot on.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	47 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	745141Click image for larger version. 

Views:	46 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	745142
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 11:06 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2570

el toro said: View Post
    Unfortunately, I forgot to save photos, but I saw a vintage graflex clamp on ebay (several months ago), which had the exact same lever as the v2. That made me believe that the v2 lever was on at least a few clamps, and perhaps was a replacement sent out by Graflex. So, I'm not completely sold on the capo idea yet, unless the capo replacement was a common remedy for broken levers.
    the agony!!!
  21. RPF Premium Member Anakin Starkiller's Avatar
    From
    Rochester, NY
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 19, 2017, 3:52 AM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2571

You should be able to search completed listings. If you can find it, please post your info
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 19, 2017, 8:00 AM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2572

It's not a capo lever. It's some kind of locking nut lever. I can only seem to find a few pictures of this specific one. I agree that it's a little far fetched for the prop department to use something as strange as this, but I mean, look at all the crazy parts they used on Obi's original lightsaber. I don't think it's impossible.
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 19, 2017, 10:56 AM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2573

I definitely saw one with the same square nut - vintage from graflex
    From
    NYC
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 19, 2017, 12:59 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2574

I saw the eBay listing late last year so it may be difficult to locate it now. I remember considering buying the vintage clamp and lever at that time for my Solos hold v2, until I saw that WannaWanga offered a much less expensive identical replica to be used with Roman's clamp. To be honest, until recently I didn't realize that the origin of that unusual lever was still in doubt.
    Regardless, someone bought that vintage clamp and lever off of eBay because it's not listed anymore, so maybe the buyer will chime in or another one of those vintage v2 levers will pop up again on eBay.
    I'll check my files later though to see if I saved some photos from that eBay listing.
    Last edited by el toro; 4 Weeks Ago at 1:18 PM.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    4 Weeks Ago  Jul 19, 2017, 4:24 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2575

I'm amazed i never saw this, i check eBay for graflex every single night as a ritual i do. man... wish we knew more about this eBay clamp lever