Studio Scale ATAT

Amazing work!

What type of cnc machine are you using?

I'm looking into getting the cnc-carving x6-1500gt for this type of work along with Mach3 but would love to pick your brain about the machine and software that you are using.

Again, amazing work and i'm following this thread very closely.

Amazing work!

What type of cnc machine are you using?

I'm looking into getting the cnc-carving x6-1500gt for this type of work along with Mach3 but would love to pick your brain about the machine and software that you are using.

Again, amazing work and i'm following this thread very closely.

Cheers!
That unit's not exactly cheap for what it is and as for cutting metal well.... You would be better off and getting a sieg mill then converting it to cnc at a later date.
Workflow usually is Rhino - RhinoCam - Mach3/Propietry - various industrial cnc machines.

Rob

Would love to see the inner mechanism on how you were able to achieve the piston movement. Would that be possible?

I believe it would work with one cogwheel fixed to the hip in the center of the hip-thigh-joint. The hidden ends of the pistons would be done as cograils. A second cogwheel would have to sit inside the thigh between the first cogwheel and the cograils to reverse the piston motion. Of course I don´t know if ILM built it that way but it should work...

still no sign of the parts ???
i sent some machined parts to monsiour tox once that took a couple of months to get through customs , i hope this wont take as long.
i reverse engineered this part (in cad) so i could machine mine , do you want me to send the file ??

Ive modelled it myself for fit reference but thanks, Don't worry about it.:thumbsup It will come eventually plus at the moment I'm up to my eyeballs getting the rest of the Slave 1 body done.

I may add than even if I knew since day one I would not get any Slave One pulls (and havent asked for) I continued to help Guy (and you indirectly) as far as I could so the Slave would be as good as possible. So I'm probably not perfect but I'm not that terrible guy you are describing.

This had nothing to do with Quincy and you know it. He also added you not the other way around. I was talking to both regarding the possibility of helping to do a run for the ATAT armature. And if i remember correctly before you got involved in the email I was helping Matt out with files to make his job easier modelling the armature.
You got the ball rolling by repeatedly posting arrogant replies of why you should share info....... to which i repeatedly tried explaining I wasn't asking for a thing! and i didn't instigate the conversation. Mars was also in here so can collaborate but I won't speak for him.

Ok so from your account 25 emails and change both ways is Endless emails? Not worth arguing with that:rolleyes

"Also you have been nothing but gracious helping me out since Ive joined the RPF".
Did I say this to you, Yes i most certainly did. You hadn't pushed my buttons then so why shouldn't I be polite?

He's a reply from Matt before you got involved after I helped him out with a short cut to help the armature modelling, just to prove Im not only polite to you!

Rob these are a life saver, thanks!
Been reworking some of the AT-AT parts.. getting the last minute stuff squared away as Julien's got someone
interested in making a prototype leg.

Was glad to help him and indirectly YOU to complete the project!

"As far as I know I have always been polite even after your mails which I won't paste here. It seems you can't talk without throwing insuls."

Well fine then, But i have to agree I have never been more politely insulted in my life. You have the art down pat!
I tend to call a spade spade and make comments to peoples face, not behind there back!

"Like Mars and you said, you are not interested in wasting time looking for the parts, you just want to build. That's fine and that's your right but you can't blame people who do the hard work because they won't share everything with you."

A blatant Fabrication and a Lie, Wouldn't expect any less from you mate! Of course you could prove me wrong! Where exactly did i say that?

"As far as I remember, I have never asked you anything, right ?"

WHAT!! Who said you did?

"I hadn't had any contact with you for 6 Months.
Untrue."

Really! So what was it 5 and a half then? I guess this goes back to the endless email post:facepalm

"Really ?
Quoting myself from the S1 FB page, comments are about the skirt and pulls pics Guy was showing :

Looks perfect Guy ! Congratz !
This is fantastic Guy !!!
Looks very accurate !"

And your quotes to guy have what to do with me or your comments about me? Man thats excellent cherry picking:lol
You don't work in Politics by any chance?

"Regading the ***** account, it was pretty funny and if that was not you... well it's still pretty funny !"
I bet it was funny, Real Funny. I wish I was in on the Joke. Oh wait i was just didn't know!:wacko

"That's very cool Rab, I think I am a very helpful guy and I also got a lot of help from different people and that's nice !
However you are condescendant about the guys who "found a piece of plastic and glued it somewhere". You know it can take as much time as doing a 3D model. Most of the time it tooks even more time (look at the Slave !). But yeah you already stated that finding parts is a waste of time, but without the guys who wasted their time to find the Slave One parts you would probably has nothing solid at the moment."

Well Jules, whats you agenda in that post. I talk about you and you only and you try to spin it that my comment was about everyone in the community generally?
Thats not worth more comment!

"No I don't know how to model in CAD, yes I can generating toolpath, set up fixtures and tooling.
However you are probably mistaken me for someone else, I never bought a Taig mini mill of a RPF member (nor own one).
But I hope you own the 10K because I posted some pics (and vid) of the CNC'ed parts I made for the proto leg."

Why should you have the monopoly insulting me? It goes both ways mate!

Look at the end of the the your not worth the aggravation and your beginning to bore me.
I got better things to do!
Keep your defaming comments about me to private email so next time i won't see then OK"

Last edited:
I may add than even if I knew since day one I would not get any Slave One pulls (and havent asked for) I continued to help Guy (and you indirectly) as far as I could so the Slave would be as good as possible. So I'm probably not perfect but I'm not that terrible guy you are describing.

If you Manned up and apologised you'd have a set!

Just for the record, all people mentioned in these posts are really awesome people! Hoping y'all can settle any differences and continue showing off your inspirational work!

Ok, I'm slowing stepping back into my lane.

Joe

Julien
I have never once since I have known you mentioned your name here in public in the way you are making it sound above !!
I have tried to pm you this morning after reading this and you inbox is full.
Please stop dragging my name as I returned an email to you back then responding to one YOU FIRST SEMT ME that you cc'd my name.
It was not attacking you in fact the email was sent to Rob and I ccd you!!!
Not once did I ever email you directly or for the first time.
I have the pm saved , clear your box pm me or lmk so I can resend it
Marcel

If I was really wanting your S1 pulls I just had to ask Guy to buy one more from you and to sell it to me or someone else.

Wow, how'd i miss that doozy?

No need to be underhanded or get Guy to be!, I'll take your money:lol No mates rates discount though sorry! In fact it will be a Honour to have it taking pride and place on your mantle. I know thats all mars ever talked about with his Probe Droid being there:thumbsup
Infact I'd love to deliver to you personally, Would be nice to get back to Paris, A beautiful City:D

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back