Beginners first try on a T3 Bust....

reni x

...well it is my first time to paint a complete bust from zero.It is still work in progress (I bought a wig.....that looks....well......let's say "funny" - so I will need a new one, both eyes will be replaced
and there will be a T-Shirt and so on). I used some Fimo (clay) and some parts I found in the garage (like a ballpen :) ) to craft some parts of the endosceleton....).
Just wanted to share (because my wife doesn't understand :) )
greetings from Austria !:cheers

Attachments

• DSC04332.JPG
    DSC04332.JPG
    301.4 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC04322.JPG
    DSC04322.JPG
    329.1 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC04334.JPG
    DSC04334.JPG
    277.6 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC04330.JPG
    DSC04330.JPG
    333.9 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC04331.JPG
    DSC04331.JPG
    322.9 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC04327.JPG
    DSC04327.JPG
    307.7 KB · Views: 167
Saying it's your first attempt I think you've done a pretty good job. I would have personally used acrylic paint and possibly a matt acrylic varnish on the skin areas. Great subject piece however and quite a task to try on your first go :)

Saying it's your first attempt I think you've done a pretty good job. I would have personally used acrylic paint and possibly a matt acrylic varnish on the skin areas. Great subject piece however and quite a task to try on your first go :)

thanks for the tips.
It is acrylic paint (water based) - at least most of it.
It looks matt in real life - only when I take a picture with the camera it looks "glossy".....
As it is just a "fun project" I am happy about the way it looks (given that I don't have any experience) - the only thing that makes me sorrows is the wig. Can't find a good one.
And do you have any idea what the people use for the led eye ?
cu
:cool
DSC04347.JPGDSC04348.JPG

The wig that most people use is called the Gregory Wig in color #8. It is long and you will need to cut it down to correct length.

Have a look here;

http://www.therpf.com/f9/terminator-wig-127615/

For the LED eye have a look here;

12-Volt Red Snap-in Lamp Assembly | eBay

It is a 12V light so you will need a battery pack (8xAA) and a switch.

These are the exact items I used to make my T3 bust. I attached a pic of mine below.

For the eyebrows just use the cuttings from the wig and use PVA glue to attach small clumps of it. Have a look at HowlRunner's Donut Head build and he has a close up of the eyebrow. His work is expectational and he also has a tutorial on skin painting with his Ash bust. If you can't find them let me know and I'll link them for you.

Also, you can buy glass eyes pretty cheap and they make a HUGE difference in realism.

You can also buy him a shirt but I haven't found a high neck one like he uses in the movie. If you come across one could you let me know please?

Cheers

thank you both very much for your advises !
I am working in a motorcycle store and i realized...we do have 12V LEDS ...bought one yesterday...should do the job but...
due to some travelling (yes...there could be worse :) ) I am gonna have time to continue in 2 weeks - I'll let you know about the progress ! postmanpat : The bust looks amazing !!:cheers

could you tell me what size the glass eye has ?or perhaps give me a link to the product ?

have a good night an greetings from sunny austria !

Last edited:
could you tell me what size the glass eye has ?or perhaps give me a link to the product ?

Sure. Here is the place I buy the eyes from;

Acrylic Human Glass Eyes, Animatronic Eyes, Doll Eyes, Mannequin Eyes, Puppet Eyes

They produce incredible quality eyes and are a pleasure to deal with. Most people on here seem to use them.

They have Arnold's custom eyes on file there so what I did is I just asked for one of those with 28mm eye and 11.3mm iris. I chose to have the veins as I believe despite it being pretty subtle it makes a big difference to realism. This is extra though so it's up to you. If you are a bit more budget conscious you can always buy a single generic eye from their site which are really cheap and equally good quality......just may not be exactly Arnold's match.

All the best.

nice job for your first attempt but it's starting to annoy me that their are so many new members making posts of paint up's on recast work from our members on this forum

sorry for the delay - I've been travelling the last months and had little sparetime !
I bought the head from ebay (paid 50 Euros or so) and didn't care where it came from.
You can't compare that little painting to the art some people here do by building things from the scratch.
But I think it is quite interessting what people make out of a piece of white plastic by adding some things and paint and so on and to see the results.
For myself I got a nice bust in my shelf and am quite happy with the result (as a first timer) even if it's not perfect. where does this piece come from ? and how comes it is sold on ebay ? i didn't have much time to do research....but i thought it is some kind of licensed product then...now i think its from asia and i paid too much :)

DSC02687.JPGDSC02683.JPG

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back