Factory Entertainment "Game of Thrones" prop replicas

jedimarkj

Sr Member
So it seems Factory Entertainment received the license for various Game of Thrones products back in February. I don't much care for the pillows and plushies which were revealed at this year's Toy Fair but rather the environments and, of course, the prop replicas.

Factory Entertainment, can you provide a hint of what prop replicas you will be creating and will be available this summer?

Personally, I would really like to see the various crowns seen on the show (Robert, Joffrey and Renley) and Robb Stark's map markers...

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

Game Of Thrones Product Announcement from Factory Entertainment

Factory Entertainment announces Game of Thrones® collectibles license

Concord, CA –Factory Entertainment, Inc. announced today that it has entered into a multi-year licensing agreement with HBO® (Home Box Office, Inc.) to produce a line of collectibles across several categories from the Emmy® award winning television series Game of Thrones.

Products include:

Collector Plush –Direwolves, Dragons, Dragon Eggs and other creatures and characters in detailed collector plush form.
Throw Pillows – High quality decorative pillows bearing the sigils and mottos of the Great Houses of Westeros.
Prop Replicas – Iconic objects and costume elements replicated in exacting detail as quality limited editions.
Sculptural Miniatures – Scaled polystone sculptures of key castles, buildings and environments featured in the series.

The first products are currently in development with a planned release starting in the summer of 2013. Initial prototypes will be unveiled in the Factory Entertainment Booth (#4979) at New York Toy Fair in February.

“We at Factory Entertainment are huge fans of the epic saga created by George R.R. Martin and so brilliantly brought to life by HBO. We are extremely proud to have been selected to produce a range of high-quality Game of Thrones collectibles,” said Jordan Schwartz, President and CEO of Factory Entertainment. "The Game of Thrones universe is rich in story and character and, as fans ourselves, we are delighted to be offering collectibles that will allow other fans to bring a little piece of Westeros home.”

Can't wait to see what they put out as far as props. Should be interesting next to Valyrian Steel's book prop replicas and their line from the show, too. Right now my fav props are the coins produced by Tom Maringer from the books. Here's my little collection

BGuA91UCMAEADmZ.jpg

Valyrian Steel has the license for book LC and Needle. They've also started doing some GoT props as well. I wonder if another company could also have a license to produce similar items?

United Cutlery and the Noble Collection had overlappping licenses for LOTR - maybe these two can work out something similar.

The overlapping licenses between Weta, UC and NC was always strange to me... but we'll see... Hopefully, Factory Entertainment will see this thread and comment.

Looking through Valyrian Steel's Facebook page and posts, it looks like the HBO version of Longclaw will be out this summer.
And the show Needle will not be out until 2015 apparently.

The overlapping licenses between Weta, UC and NC was always strange to me... but we'll see... Hopefully, Factory Entertainment will see this thread and comment.

Looking through Valyrian Steel's Facebook page and posts, it looks like the HBO version of Longclaw will be out this summer.
And the show Needle will not be out until 2015 apparently.

Many times when licenses "overlap" it is because the license itself is divided into many categories. The divisions go as far as resin replicas vs. metal replicas. So two companies can make a replica of the same object in different materials or with different technical classifications. I believe Weta's Master Swordsmith's collection would fall under some different category as cutlery.

Hi All ,

Tyler from Factory Entertainment here... I can give what insite I can to what we are doing.

We are just starting development for the props. We have to wait for production to wrap to get the real props in hand.

Currently, we cannot do weapons, but we are investigating the crowns and jewelry, as well as very early development on some stuff that I cant really mention, as the engineering isnt fully worked out (IE: can we actually make it, and make it to a standard that we feel it should be at)

Sorry to be vague but we are just at the early stages of a sort of long process... If there is anything anyone really wants to see, now would be a good time to chime in.. We are always looking for ideas!

Tyler

Thanks for chiming in Tyler! Definitely looking forward to the stuff you can't talk about :)

As I've said above, would love to see Robb Stark's map markers and all the crowns seen in the show done, and preferably in metal.

Apart from that, would also like to see the following:
-an accurately sized metal Hand of the King pin
-Tyrion Lannister's lionhead ring
-the coin Jaqen H'ghar gives to Arya
-the metal armor neck plates that various characters such as Renly, Tywin and Bran wear
-the various pins that a number of the characters wear

Regarding the "Sculptural Miniatures", I would *love* to see you guys do the castles and environments as seen in the opening credits. That would be really awesome!

the coin Jaqen H'ghar gives to Arya

I would love to have this.

Please just don't end up focusing only on plushies, pillows, and novelties like that. Yes, they have their appeal to a certain part of the public, but I'm sure others like myself hope for more relevant items. Another company out there made promises about offering prop replicas and such, but then years later what was their special item? A "spirit animal" plush toy. :cry

This isnt a hint at what we are doing - But as a fan of the show, I would LOVE for us (or someone) to do that creepy face armour thing that the woman wore in season 2...

I dont know if she had an official name but this freaked me out.. On the right hand side..

http://www.nyutusc.com/article_images/game-of-thrones-exhibit-opens-in-midtown.jpg

The character is named Quaithe and yes, her mask would be pretty cool to have. :)

Also, I know this thread is about Factory Ent, but if people want a replica of the Iron coin of the Faceless Men, Tom Maringer already makes a licensed one based on the description in the book. The show didn't really feature the coin at all.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back