Chewbacca questions ...building a 1/3 scale wookie.

Madrid Boba

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all, :)

I am building a 1/3 scale Chewbacca, to go along with Judgedredd 1/3 scale Stormtroopers and Sandtroopers...

So far is going great... http://www.therpf.com/f62/1-3-scale-chewbacca-project-174133/ but i have a few questions that may help me to make it even better.

I have read a lot in many blogs, and in a few forums. Of course i also searched with Google....

My questions are :

1.-How many different Chewbacca costumes were made for the first trilogy?

2.- What are the differences between them (feet, hair of the head, colors,
etc)

3.-What colors were used in the costume?. It seems like if they used a different brown (with more red) for the head and a more "wild" one for the rest of the body, or at least it looks different to me (maybe softer or treated with a hair dryer and reflects the light in a different way)

11392-18163.jpg
images

4.-Was most of the hair glued...and then the one around the mouth , nose and eyes punched (or maybe used glue but on some hairs alone, like in the moustache...)?

I have seen some pics that may show that it was made this way... but i am not sure. Seems like if they went from the outside of the face inwards...

tumblr_ltubzl0yzh1qmnqf0o1_1280.jpg

5.-I have seen many pics of the front mask...but how was made the rear of the head? I mean... was just a mask with a cover on top and then the rest just hair on the back?

dining-chewieparts.jpg

(Please notice the differnt hair colors close to the base)

And the last one...

6.- Feet dimensions ( i know they used different feet on the movies, i am more interested in ANH)

Thanks guys :thumbsup

Alfredo

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back