A full on Space Jockey from Prometheus costume.

Uanna

Is there anyone who would be willing to help me out with what kind of clay I should use to sculpt an Engineer costume for a two piece vacuum form? I'm trying to be the first person to make this awesome biosuit with the elephant like oxygen hose. Prometheus alien space jockey guy, I only have the blue-prints to it.

Vac form may not be your best bet, most of the detail you put onto a sculpt pre vac form is softened by the process and you have undercuts and releasing to worry about, when you say 2 piece vac form, which part of the costume do you mean?

A two part system where I have two halfs and then afterwards put them together with epoxy and fiberglass resin. Instead of doing a whole foam build I just want to make it easier. What if I put the sculpt into the freezer to make sure it doesnt stick to the soft plastic? Once I make the legs and a torso I will see if I can make them fit together using a two part method.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back