Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Sure would be nice if they got all of the things right in one shoe. The V2 soles seem have clearer soles than the V3s. The shape of the V1s had a better sole shape. Oh well. :)

To clarify, the MP MAG and V1 (V1 was basically an out right copy of the MP but the upper was made from PVC, not cloth) had the most accurate inner wave on the mid-sole. I'm sure I speak about this, but not sure if i show images of my modded V1 soles, when I did my V3 review in 2016. I did shoot the video a few times and cut stuff out as I was running over the normally allowed 15min and this could have been one of them.

The V2 had a better defined outer profile, but lacked the outrigger soles. The MP and V1 were actually hollow here. Both V1 and V2 had an oversized heel and undersized toe. So the V3 is correct in the overall shape, just the details seem to have got lost somewhere.

Facebook reminders have been popping up on my feed with progress of my modding of the V2s. Some of them have been good and others, well total cringe moments. One of the later posts showed where I cut away the back of the heel to reduce the height and made the heel cup appear larger (more fat assed was the term used for a time). This also made me make larger MAG logos for the backs as well to keep it all balanced up. Because I was also coating my midsoles in a lighter grey rubber, I was able to recreate the very rough looking texture of the screen used shoes. When I look back, there was a time when my outriggers were HUGE and normally this would be a big no, but because so many other parts were oversized, these created a good balance.

Yes the clear soles of the V2 were clear for about 3 months, then turned a nasty yellow very quickly. V1s didn't even have clear soles. They had either a tan colour, black or red.
The V3s seem to have had yellow from day one and they have not really turned like the V2 soles did. Dirt and other stuff has been ground into the under sole of my V3s from walking and my pyramid tread is almost gone now, hence why I am now making replacement parts.

I was going through a box of bits tonight and found a heap of older MAG projects.

Amongst the parts were these.
Curved master parts for the V2 soles.
b387ebc754fe99b77256661ad5fe73b9.jpg

Totally fake news given those MAGs are 2011 Nike MAGs and not the V3.

Yeah I kinda thought that but was so excited when I saw the bruins first but then the mags had to be fake/scam [emoji30]

I've messaged them to ask for photos. See what (if any) reply I get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow, those little batteries in the V2's must have been good. I dug out the pair I never wore and charged them up for a few hours today just to see if they still did anything.... and ....
IMG_3947.JPGIMG_3951.JPG

That's amazing that they still work! I'm tempted to pick up a pair of v2s to have as a wear pair. Then keep my v3s for display only.

Just gotta find a good v2 seller if anyone has any recommendations?

I have worn them about 5-6 times and the last time I wore them they fully worked. I will put them on charge tonight and test them

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you can get a lights on photo, you might want to advertise them on one of the Facebook groups.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back