In developement: Booster Gold Costume

BoosterGoldstar

Hey Guys
I am slowly working on making a booster gold costume. I, being a glasses wearing person, cannot pull off many costume properly, So I decided to make me a booster gold costume. it started with when work required us to get proper safety glasses. so I got these:
!BlEi7Dg!Wk~$(KGrHqUOKjMEtlsljPbrBL,IqeqE7!~~_12.JPG

They have a rx insert behind the lenses.

So rather then the usual spandex Booster costume, I am going more towards a cross between Arkham City Batman and Avengers Captain America style armor. I am thinking of using this shirt as a base:
T01CC.jpg

and then using Yoga mats to make the armor panels. Possible having them snap on the shirt. Snappy Snaps Any one have any tips for me?

Now that's a DC character I haven't seen in a long time. I didn't collect that particular comic but I had friends that did an I would borrow an read em. I think that a compression suit used by extreme action sport enthusiasts would be better suited as a base. Depending on th' type of material it's made from a yoga matt might be too thin an tear too easily on certain areas like th' chest area 6mm Eva foam is good for high stress areas. 4mm,3mm,an 2mm craft foam sheets are good for layering up details. Without a good concept image ta understand what your going on its kinda hard ta help steer ya in th' right direction, I'll help as much as I can brah. Checkout some foam builds on th' forum a good one is Tribalgrind MK8 build use th' search function ta find it also JFCustom has a really good thread for quick building tips an tricks using foam. Keep up th' good work brah. :cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man. that shirt I posted is a compression suit. And I plan on hard coating the yoga mats so that they will be able to stand up to the wear. Since I am still researching the process and materials, I don't have any concepts drawn up. hopefully soon though.

I'm really looking forward to what you come up with. I've always enjoyed the Booster Gold character! Good luck!

I found my self a template online (since my drawing the human form has been lacking lately) and will try to make a concept for you to see this weekend.

I'm a huge BG fan, to the point of using BOO$TER*GOLD as my gamertag lol. Can't wait to see this one.

Mind if I ask which costume design you're going with? Boost seems to get a new costume everytime he's republished lol.

I'm a huge BG fan, to the point of using BOO$TER*GOLD as my gamertag lol. Can't wait to see this one.

Mind if I ask which costume design you're going with? Boost seems to get a new costume everytime he's republished lol.

nice man. I used booster goldstar as my forum username a few times. I might take a while to do this as I have a vision in my head of what I want but I am not the best at translating that to reality.

I am doing a modified version of his costume from after the 52 series. I am kind of antispandex (especialy for pants) so I am aiming for a Captain America movie style pants. i hope to get some concept work up soon.

To avoid Spandex and the like there's always the "Smallville" interpretation.
xlarge_boostergold1.jpg

I have two bodysuits( 1 blue, 1 gold) that I've been planning on turning into a BG costume, but I need to learn to sew first. And drop a few lbs, since it is spandex lol.

I see the biggest challenge being that almost all of his costumes are depicted as being a single piece, without seperate gloves, boots etc.

So I am still working on my design. I am thinking of putting some kind of belt/pouches/pockets so I can carry some things. any idea how the best way to incorporate that? and i am thinking of using motor cross boots but I am not sure how easy they will be to paint the right color.
$(KGrHqVHJE4FCcLEemFyBQw5SEzDiw~~60_14.JPG

Last edited:
So I am still working on my design. I am thinking of putting some kind of belt/pouches/pockets so I can carry some things. any idea how the best way to incorporate that?

Well, you did say that you were blending in a bit of Captain America and the Dark Knight, and both had belts that held stuff. I think Captain America even had small canvas pouches attached to his belt, looked like a standard issue military belt, possibly a slight variation. Any way, those pouches on the belt might work well for what you want

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back