Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Warpaint

Well folks, it looks like Episode VII is a reality at the moment.

Kathleen Kennedy, current Co-Chairman of Lucasfilm, will become President of Lucasfilm, reporting to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn. Additionally she will serve as the brand manager for Star Wars, working directly with Disney's global lines of business to build, further integrate, and maximize the value of this global franchise. Ms. Kennedy will serve as executive producer on new Star Wars feature films, with George Lucas serving as creative consultant. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future.

Let the rampant speculation commence...

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

So what is the current fan speculation on what 7,8 and 9 are about? From what I remember is that it deals with Han and Leia's children. I don't remember if that was from Lucas, comics (canon?) or what.

Ideally for me it would be a new story with completely new characters that have little relation to the others. Luke and Vader can be legends that they talk about but I'd like a whole new group.

Won't happen but that's what I want.

I would like to see a 20 year gap between ROTJ and any new movie. Enough interesting things could happen in between. Yeah, lots of speculation.

Somehow I doubt they'll use existing EU material. There's too much history involved, backstories and details, unless they smear it all together and give the fans another reason to be pissed.

I always thought Young Jedi Knight series would of made a good Episode 7. This is where the children of Han and Leia are being taught my Luke and Luke has made a new Jedi Academy finding others who are fluent in the force. Of course I did not read very many SW novel but the few I did read this was probably my favorite.

Somehow I doubt they'll use existing EU material. There's too much history involved, backstories and details, unless they smear it all together and give the fans another reason to be pissed.

I have no doubt that most classic fans will end up pissed anyway. I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Release the original cuts of the OT and I'm good.

Happy to take my kids to see Star Wars in the theatres. in 2015 they'll be 11 and 8. Perfect age.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back