Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars Episode VII

It's a terrible sleeping bag...

Only keeps you Luke warm.

:lol

Xq04J6r.jpg

There's so much more that could be done. There's a whole underworld out there. There are Jedi in training now, being trained by a guy who DIDN'T grow up learning stupid crap about midichlorians and "A Jedi shall not know love" and all that other BS from the prequels. There's a new government on the scene. There's TONS of places you can take stories in such a universe, and they can all do new and interesting stuff while still keeping the FEEL of the originals. Is it an easy task to do that? Obviously not, or people wouldn't be so disdainful of the EU. but it IS doable and the fact that it's difficult shouldn't make us -- or Disney -- lower standards.

You're proving my point though. A lot of you have read the Zahn books and maybe a few other bad ones. There are tons of good things that you missed that have no superweapons, no Jedi, and none of the main cast in them. The entire X-Wing series (Rogue and Wraith Squadrons, which only have Wedge and Janson. One has Han.), the Republic Commando series, the Knights of the Old Republic game (kinda sorta superweapon, but that doesn't matter because the story is great).

Again I'm saying they should not do a story from ANY SW media, but there's no reason not to include locations, vehicles, and some characters from the EU in the movies. It's exactly what they've been doing with the Clone Wars series, it would just be after ROTJ. For example, they're going to have to show that Luke rebuilt the Jedi and maybe even the council. So why not throw in some Jedi Masters from the EU that are a part of the council in the books, even if they are in the background and don't speak. I mean would it really kill your enjoyment of the movie if Kyle Katarn is standing beside Luke in some scene?

...I would've expected after years of remakes, reimaginings, the prequels, KOTCs, etc., that people would have learned that you can't go home, so maybe it's time to stop trying and build new homes.

I think you can tell a new story with new characters and still have it firmly connected to the originals, and still be awesome. I just don't trust anyone in Hollywood to actually be able to do that.
Oh, they can do it. The problem is that the Hollywood mentality seems to view the concept of "new" as being too risky; they know they can make money off of whatever has worked in the past, so that's less of a gamble.

It's a terrible sleeping bag...

Only keeps you Luke warm.
Oh, I don't know...Lukes warm to me. :D

soooo, with jj abrams attached and old harrison ford and cohorts, how about: luke, han and leia travel back in time through a wormhole to change the timeline, and meet young versions of themselves!

soooo, with jj abrams attached and old harrison ford and cohorts, how about: luke, han and leia travel back in time through a wormhole to change the timeline, and meet young versions of themselves!

I would only buy that story so long as there were plenty of lens flare. I mean, constantly. Makes the scenes more real, you know?

:angry

They could stop Alderan from being destroyed, maybe Tatooine gets destroyed instead, and everything is different, lol

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back