1:6 Scale Millennium Falcon Console (ANH)

SteveStarkiller

Sr Member
A few months ago, fellow RPFer Sofaking01 started his incredible 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console build, for which I provided the construction plans. Inspired by the work he's been doing, I've decided build a model of my own, from the same plans scaled down to 1:6.

Here are a few renders of my original model, built in sketchup over the course of a couple of years. I perfected it from production drawings, screencaps, and behind the scenes photos, and even modeled some of the real life items that were used as greebles, such as the Vickers reading lights on the top of the dash, and the 3PO leg pistons that were used for the throttle levers.

Also included in the pictures is a model of my 24" Alvin ruler, put in there for scale.

screen-accurate-millennium-falcon-cockpit-cg-model-im1347131342.png-112279d1347199557

screen-accurate-millennium-falcon-cockpit-cg-model-im1347131421.png-112284d1347199971

screen-accurate-millennium-falcon-cockpit-cg-model-im13471.png-112285d1347199980

And here's where I stand this morning, after a trip to Dick Blick for styrene sheets, some shaky cuts, some cussing, and some gluing.

I've included the real Alvin ruler in the last three photos, which are also staged to mimic the renders.

8059482426_7259f4ef27_c.jpg

8059483745_0f41140863_c.jpg

8059483559_20e23df00c_c.jpg

8059483405_c2598f5774_c.jpg

8059481584_6e9a980523_c.jpg

8059481432_66e18d6c3f_c.jpg

8059482773_29dddc544b_c.jpg

8059481058_4e157aba3e_c.jpg

8059482622_07f65c1154_c.jpg

I think it needs some serious sanding, but I'm pretty happy with the result so far. Any critiques or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and enjoy.

Wow, Stevestarkiller - I didn't know you were serious about building one - it looks impressive already. It'll be one fearsome mixture of your CG and real modelling talents.

Thanks guys!

Stormy, this thing's turning out to be a little bit of an easier build than I had even hoped, so far. I might do a 1:6 Nav Console next, which of course would necessitate a scale Nav Chair...

Crackerjazz, I had always daydreamed about it, but I didn't really know I was serious either until I actually got the styrene.

here are some updates.

8060019753_91733382a2_c.jpg

8060019545_3a90a8de44_c.jpg

8060019290_42a6dd1230_c.jpg

Hay steve nice to see a great start to the build. I remember you suggesting you might have a go at this over a year ago, time flys LOL. Looks awsome so far.

Although it may not help you now, when I made my 1/12th'ish console and cockpit model from the original plans (5 foot falcon size), I drew in tabs like a paper model (was basicaly a paper model) to help hold those edges. I never got around to finishing it and its in the bin now.

Would like to have another go knowing the things you have shown me about the changes made to console height etc. (An ANH version this time not my ESB version)

Hope you dont mind! below are a few shots of my unfinished one. The tabs helped hold the smaller pieces together, as well as the main cockpit walls together.

IMAG0009.jpg

Ozzy

Last edited:
Awesome, that would look great with the the sideshow 1:6 figures, (probally the reason why you're building it). Next will be a back wall,.... then the cockpit tube,.... maybe a gunner station,.... then a Radar dish,,,,, then you'll come to the conclusion that a 1:6 Millennium Falcon may not be that crazy.

Keep up the great work,.... looks like you got the "Bug".

Waiting on a glue delivery folks, sorry for the delay.

I've been using Loctite Superglue, and it's an absolute treat. I've tried a couple other brands, and they don't even come close in terms of instant curing, strength and permanence. Lost a few layers of skin using the stuff...but it seems worth it. Though it goes really quickly.

anyone have any styrene gluing/cutting tips?

Ozzy, I've admired your paper cockpit for quite a while now. Shame it had to go in the bin. I definitely hope you give it another go.

Spacecowboy, thanks! I look forward to seeing how it turns out as well...

Scratchy, I did sort of pick that scale with 1:6 Figures in mind. I don't own any myself, though. Mainly it just felt like a manageable scale to build at for my budget and space.

Sofaking01 Patience! This one's going to be a slow build, due to an absurdly busy schedule, but it'll get done, I promise you that.

I've been using Loctite Superglue, and it's an absolute treat. I've tried a couple other brands, and they don't even come close in terms of instant curing, strength and permanence. Lost a few layers of skin using the stuff...but it seems worth it. Though it goes really quickly.

LOVE Loctite. Particularly their gel superglue. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back