Dredd 2012 Costume project ( pics on page 1)

Re: Dredd 2012 Costume project

Great, great looking stuff! And yes, I REALLY like the shoulder eagle as well and yes, want to be friends too- :lol:lol

It's not me halo but RPB member maverick118, Mav also made the lid and badge and with his other half jill , the leather under suit . Jill did an amazing job on the leathers , the ribbed piping in the collar section alone took 20 hours !!

Same Mav from TDH? All said and done, they did an awesome job building the look!

A few of you guys have asked about runs for the armour parts , I'm still experimenting with other materials at the moment plus I'm a bit wary of licensing etc as a lot of the studios are sending out cease and desist orders of late. My initial idea was to just make a few for close friends but well see how the water lies :)
If the Dredd producers are as cool as Lucasfilm Ltd they won't mind some hardcore fans making costumes and helping each other out. If anything, cosplay HELPS a movie by getting it out there in the public eye. But I agree with the others, the shoulder eagle is something I would gladly pay for if eventually made available. My Dredd costume project is on permanent hold until I can figure out how to aquire some of the molded pieces.

If the Dredd producers are as cool as Lucasfilm Ltd they won't mind some hardcore fans making costumes and helping each other out. If anything, cosplay HELPS a movie by getting it out there in the public eye. But I agree with the others, the shoulder eagle is something I would gladly pay for if eventually made available. My Dredd costume project is on permanent hold until I can figure out how to aquire some of the molded pieces.

Totally agree Quake , in an ideal world it would be great . If no one does a licensed costume then I will definately do a run . No names but at least one maker of comic parts got a cease and desist order Over here though.

I still need to perfect the materials though yet. I used a rubber backed with PU foam on the eagle and when stitched on it was a little soft and the thread pulled on the rubber and distorted the edge slightly . I've got some new supplies on order at the moment so I'll see what works best .
It does need a degree of flexibility and softness as the top and bottom will knock together when the arm is raised as the bottom eagle is strapped to the arm as well.
Also to be aware of is these are scaled to Urbans so are meant for someone 5'10 to 6ft and over . Anyone shorter and they will come to far down the arm.

I am considering as Anderson sized set though too :) :cool

Totally agree Quake , in an ideal world it would be great . If no one does a licensed costume then I will definately do a run . No names but at least one maker of comic parts got a cease and desist order Over here though.

I still need to perfect the materials though yet. I used a rubber backed with PU foam on the eagle and when stitched on it was a little soft and the thread pulled on the rubber and distorted the edge slightly . I've got some new supplies on order at the moment so I'll see what works best .
It does need a degree of flexibility and softness as the top and bottom will knock together when the arm is raised as the bottom eagle is strapped to the arm as well.
Also to be aware of is these are scaled to Urbans so are meant for someone 5'10 to 6ft and over . Anyone shorter and they will come to far down the arm.

I am considering as Anderson sized set though too :) :cool

I'm 6' 190 pounds so it all sounds pretty perfect :love I'll be around and keeping an eye on the Dredd boards. I'm Rick Grimes this Halloween but hopefully some of you molding magicians can get some parts up for a Dredd costume in time for the Phoenix Comic Con in May 2013. If I had my way there would be a legion of Judges around the world ala the 501st.

... If I had my way there would be a legion of Judges around the world ala the 501st.

Now that's an idea I'm all for...but the sad truth is, not many know who Judge Dredd, or 2000AD is/was for that matter. The only inkling they have, is based off that poor excuse 95 JD flick...which sadly, did not really show the Real Dredd...still, we can only hope...

Legion of judges !! It's the justice dept citizen , legions are for those white guys who can't hit the side of a barn at 10 paces :lol

Well possibly be starting something up on the RPB or on megacity justice uk but maybe something new altogether . So check on the RPB first as I'm always on there as an admin .

March next year were planning on having 2-4 judges including an Anderson at the Brit sci- fi event at the national space centre so all parts and lawgivers will be perfected by then if not before .

Dammit, i just want to be friends. U guys are all too weird to be close friends!

Looking forward to nsc mate.

Nate

You teaming up with the RPB mate ? Not sure if the Ukg are down for that one . It's only British sci if props though mate , we not got much so any you have would be great . We had mostly dredd and 2000ad with a bit of blakes 7 and space 1999.

Now that's an idea I'm all for...but the sad truth is, not many know who Judge Dredd, or 2000AD is/was for that matter. The only inkling they have, is based off that poor excuse 95 JD flick...which sadly, did not really show the Real Dredd...still, we can only hope...
Well if the public started seeing Judges patrolling convention floors, the perps will LEARN what they represent...THE LAW.
I feel like I'm stuck in a desert filled with Marvel & DC characters and that's it. I've been into Judge Dredd since around '85 (thanks Anthrax for bringing him to my attention) but I'm in the US and there's no demand for Dredd at all. I have to order from the 2000 AD website or use Ebay to find anything. I told some friends saturday to see the new Dredd movie, adding that's it's one of the coolest films ever put on screen, and my buddy's sister says "I hate remakes, especially remakes of movies that were bad to begin with". THIS is what I deal with people. :angry

Well if the public started seeing Judges patrolling convention floors, the perps will LEARN what they represent...THE LAW.
I feel like I'm stuck in a desert filled with Marvel & DC characters and that's it. I've been into Judge Dredd since around '85 (thanks Anthrax for bringing him to my attention) but I'm in the US and there's no demand for Dredd at all. I have to order from the 2000 AD website or use Ebay to find anything. I told some friends saturday to see the new Dredd movie, adding that's it's one of the coolest films ever put on screen, and my buddy's sister says "I hate remakes, especially remakes of movies that were bad to begin with". THIS is what I deal with people. :angry

Oooh I sooo hate it when people call it a remake :behave

I don't even like reboot !! Well it's up you citizens to educate the punks in the ways of ol stoney face , use all reasonable force necessary :thumbsup

Just had my delivery of resin supplies today so time to play :cool

I hear ya...I'm in little ole Singapore, a thumbnail of an Island, south east of Asia, where the main influences of costuming are, you guess it, Anime Characters.

Don't get me wrong, Cosplayers are all well and good but damm, try talking to some of em about Dredd or anything Sci Fi...and I get the zombie blank stare.

The best reaction I ever got from a Dredd noob [my gal] was just after the unauthorized Lawgiver handling and the inevitable hand blowing up in DREDD. She saw the 95 version and the ****** electrocution bit and her response reaction to me after that scene and me telling her, that's what a REAL Lawgiver does to a perp, was..."I want one." LOL! Priceless!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back