The original sculptor of the Stormtrooper?

Helmetman

Guys

I know alot of things have been said about AA and the origins of the troopers, did he just pull them, or sculpt them - then pull them?

But here we have a chap called Brian Muir who worked on the original trilogy, worked at Elstree and according to the supporting blurb - sculpted our much loved white armour guys.

Check the link for the info:

http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/guest_appeara...asp?g=brianmuir

Hope this is of interest...

Steve :)

<div class='quotetop'>(wamser_e @ Nov 16 2006, 11:45 AM) [snapback]1359092[/snapback]</div>
Wonder what AA has to say about this?
[/b]

Well we all know that AA is not on these boards, so he can't speak for himself...

But we all know the people who speak on his behalf...so probably what is said all the time...and we have heard it many times over. :rolleyes

AA did the helmets, Brian sculpted the armor, however AA also did some work on the armor...he would have to in order to convert it to something that could be worn. To what extent he worked the armor is debatable. Remember too that Brian finished up work on C3PO, work that Liz Moore started.

<div class='quotetop'>(jorusfett @ Nov 16 2006, 11:50 AM) [snapback]1359098[/snapback]</div>
Well we all know that AA is not on these boards, so he can't speak for himself...

But we all know the people who speak on his behalf...so probably what is said all the time...and we have heard it many times over. :rolleyes
[/b]
Wow, you must be psychic. ;)
Does anyone hear the fat lady warming up?
JJ

And to Helmetman, AA pulled some parts, vac-forming. That's about it. Hey, be sure to get the whole tale from the guy, I assume you are going?

<div class='quotetop'>(Emeldahay @ Nov 16 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]1359146[/snapback]</div>
time to put on the ear muffs - or post my comparison pic of Lucas and Ainsworth :D
[/b]

bring it up, its the only pic we have to stop such a debate before it begins, i mean there are lines and everything... LINES. how the @#$%. can you debate that? :lol

seriously dont just ask, bring an audio recorder, and maybe a stenographer, screw that... could you get HD video of the guy when and if he says that AA didnt sculpt the helmets?

LOL. sorry, i couldnt help myself.

bring out the GL AA pic...

Hehe :)
Honestly, I think things just took a BIG turn in another direction. Instead of humor, let's start seeing the facts :)
Just a suggestion B)
JJ

OK JUST THE FACTS

AA_LFL_comparison.jpg

And yess...blah blah - the neck on the screen used is very fat compared to AA. blah blah blah

Lets just all agree everything that didnt need to be said has been said many times. :D

? I guess I missed something. What's the debate?

[EDIT
Ok reread it... I guess the question is how much of the original Stormtrooper did AA sculpt? ...and how much/what did Brian do?

<div class='quotetop'>(oldken @ Nov 16 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]1359159[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Emeldahay @ Nov 16 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]1359146[/snapback]
time to put on the ear muffs - or post my comparison pic of Lucas and Ainsworth :D
[/b]

bring it up, its the only pic we have to stop such a debate before it begins, i mean there are lines and everything... LINES. how the @#$%. can you debate that? :lol

seriously dont just ask, bring an audio recorder, and maybe a stenographer, screw that... could you get HD video of the guy when and if he says that AA didnt sculpt the helmets?

LOL. sorry, i couldnt help myself.

bring out the GL AA pic...
[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>(Emeldahay @ Nov 16 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]1359198[/snapback]</div>
OK JUST THE FACTS

Lets just all agree everything that didnt need to be said has been said many times. :D
[/b]
The only thing to agree on is the fact that the famous british game show "AA Says" is now over. No more excuses, no more patchwork answers that tie things together after thinking about it for weeks, no more lies. Nothing that he says has rung true, and he says quite a lot. People keep forgiving the lie as soon as his co-conspirators pop up with something, anything, to say. No longer. No more talk of jealousy, deals, rights.

Andrew
Ainsworth
Lied
To
You.

This is a measure of character. Forget who sells what, has the right to what, who made what. He made nothing, was credited for little, and claims too much. He was a worker on the set, a helper who painted and helped to form suits, not even a SINGLE helmet. I repeat, he did not build one helmet.
The only truth is that he worked on Star Wars as one of the many costume employees. Nothing to sneer at; I wish that could have been me. But he is not what he says, nor does he have what he says; rights or molds.
Because of this issue, names have been smeared, friendships ended, and way too many people talking about what none of them were sure of. And in the end, there was no basis to it. The SDS revival was a house of cards, and it is falling.
I understand why people were upset after purchasing a helmet, and many defended their choice to the hilt. I am sorry you were lied to, as I am to those that defend AA with the hope that he was the righteous party. He isn't, and he isn't worthy of your attention. He lied, and continues to lie. He will lie in court, and will pay a heavy price for it.
He copied another's armor and used that story of his inherent rights to cover for it. That is strictly forbidden here, but once again he is safe because he's not here. Bet your bottom dollar that wasn't an accident. He was warned away to avoid the penalties of his actions. Never mind who, it doesn't matter.
You're right, these conversations and comparisons have gone on too long, and they never added up. Nothing supported his side of things but his word, and his word is no good. He has broken it, changed his stories, lied about his methods, his materials, his rights. There is nothing honest about this entire business, and he dragged members of the RPF into the mess he actually DID create.
There's no excuse, and as we are seeing there is no defense.
Goodbye, Andrew Ainsworth, you did your job well. What you were working at baffles me.
JJ

Last edited by a moderator:
JJ Thats a pretty short reply for one of these SDS threads 8) ... Someones got to do better than that. lol

I`d really LOVE to hear some legal arguments?

<div class='quotetop'>(Emeldahay @ Nov 16 2006, 04:37 PM) [snapback]1359382[/snapback]</div>
JJ Thats a pretty short reply for one of these SDS threads 8) ... Someones got to do better than that. lol

I`d really LOVE to hear some legal arguments?
[/b]
Could make it longer, give me a week to make something up ;)
JJ

...ok... :confused

I don't see why anyone's in a lather here?
How did this turn into an AA bashing? You're right, we already know what AA has said. But this looks like more of a Brian Muir topic to me. Am I wrong?

<div class='quotetop'>(Jumpin Jax @ Nov 16 2006, 04:30 PM) [snapback]1359374[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Emeldahay @ Nov 16 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]1359198[/snapback]
OK JUST THE FACTS

[/b]
The only thing to agree on is the fact that the famous british game show "AA Says" is now over. No more excuses, no more patchwork answers that tie things together after thinking about it for weeks, no more lies. Nothing that he says has rung true, and he says quite a lot. People keep forgiving the lie as soon as his co-conspirators pop up with something, anything, to say. No longer. No more talk of jealousy, deals, rights.

Andrew
Ainsworth
Lied
To
You.

This is a measure of character. Forget who sells what, has the right to what, who made what. He made nothing, was credited for little, and claims too much. He was a worker on the set, a helper who painted and helped to form suits, not even a SINGLE helmet. I repeat, he did not build one helmet.
The only truth is that he worked on Star Wars as one of the many costume employees. Nothing to sneer at; I wish that could have been me. But he is not what he says, nor does he have what he says; rights or molds.
Because of this issue, names have been smeared, friendships ended, and way too many people talking about what none of them were sure of. And in the end, there was no basis to it. The SDS revival was a house of cards, and it is falling.
I understand why people were upset after purchasing a helmet, and many defended their choice to the hilt. I am sorry you were lied to, as I am to those that defend AA with the hope that he was the righteous party. He isn't, and he isn't worthy of your attention. He lied, and continues to lie. He will lie in court, and will pay a heavy price for it.
He copied another's armor and used that story of his inherent rights to cover for it. That is strictly forbidden here, but once again he is safe because he's not here. Bet your bottom dollar that wasn't an accident. He was warned away to avoid the penalties of his actions. Never mind who, it doesn't matter.
You're right, these conversations and comparisons have gone on too long, and they never added up. Nothing supported his side of things but his word, and his word is no good. He has broken it, changed his stories, lied about his methods, his materials, his rights. There is nothing honest about this entire business, and he dragged members of the RPF into the mess he actually DID create.
Goodbye, Andrew Ainsworth, you did your job well. What you were working at baffles me.
JJ
[/b][/quote]

Nah GH, some people just see AA as the equivalent of Satan and so have to go on unsubstantiated opinionated tirades against him even when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

It's nice to see some of the Star Wars creators getting out there to talk about all they have done and Brian Muir is one of those that would be great to listen too and hear from. His involvement in so many iconic films is just amazing.

<div class='quotetop'>(Ghost Host @ Nov 16 2006, 07:21 PM) [snapback]1359408[/snapback]</div>
...ok... :confused

I don't see why anyone's in a lather here?
How did this turn into an AA bashing? You're right, we already know what AA has said. But this looks like more of a Brian Muir topic to me. Am I wrong?

<div class='quotetop'>(Jumpin Jax @ Nov 16 2006, 04:30 PM) [snapback]1359374[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(Emeldahay @ Nov 16 2006, 01:38 PM) [snapback]1359198[/snapback]
OK JUST THE FACTS

[/b]

Andrew
Ainsworth
Lied
To
You.

JJ
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back