Blade Runner Police Car 27

Jargonking

Hi folks, been lurking here for a while so thought it was time I posted something.....

Here's my latest build, the Fujimi Police Car 27 from Blade Runner built straight from the box without lighting....

So first a breakdown of the parts....
Boxart...
P1020759.jpg

Bodyshell has sprue struts that require careful removal from the windows...
P1020760.jpg

Floorpan is in one piece...
P1020766.jpg

Bumpers, cladding and mirrors...these all need painting black...
P1020765.jpg

Interior parts...
P1020762.jpg

Chrome sprue...much of this I'm going to de-chrome and paint...
P1020763.jpg

Some great detail on the parts....
P1020767.jpg

Roof parts....
P1020764.jpg

Roof lightbar....all chrome although the frame should be black....
P1020769.jpg

Roof light lenses....
P1020770.jpg

Wheels and axles...
P1020753.jpg

Decals....
P1020752.jpg

Tyres...
P1020742.jpg

I started by carefully removing the sprue from the bodyshell....

P1020776.jpg

I also chose the parts I wanted to remain chrome....

P1020785.jpg

...the rest were dunked in some household bleach to remove the chrome....

P1020784.jpg

The rear engine bulkhead was attached, parts fit is excellent...

P1020775.jpg

The dashboard assembly is just three parts....

P1020787.jpg

Dashboard assembly and engine compartment test fitted to floorpan...

P1020772.jpg

Underside of floorpan features some nice detail...

P1020788.jpg

There are some minor ejector marks to fill on the rear bulkhead in the cabin...

P1020779.jpg

I also hollowed out the end of engine part C21...

P1020783.jpg

The rear bumper parts are in two pieces which Fujimi tell you to attach separately to the bodywork. This would leave a seam on the corner and also I intend to paint these prior to fixing. I therefore cemented them together...

P1020778.jpg

...by removing the location pins (circled) from the rear part, the bumper assembly can be slid on from each side...

P1020786.jpg

Aside from the two monitors on the dash and a couple of panels on the centre console the interior was looking a little bare so I dressed it up a little with some spare etch....

P1020792.jpg

P1020793.jpg

P1020791.jpg

P1020790.jpg

One oversight on Fujimi's part is that they supply a clear part for the centre of the rear bulkhead in the cabin but not for the triangular sections on either side meaning the cabin would still be open to the engine...

P1020803.jpg

P1020804.jpg

The passenger compartment was given a wash of dirty black over the grey primer basecoat then drybrushed with various shades of grey enamel...the various panels were then picked out in black and aluminium. The seats were sprayed grey, masked, then sprayed matt black. The various switches were first painted matt white then Tamiya clear colours used to give the impression of being lit...

P1020807.jpg

P1020811.jpg

P1020812.jpg

The engine bay was given the same dirty wash then drybrushed with matt white. The various engine and fan components were painted and weathered separately before fixing using CA glue....

P1020808.jpg

P1020810.jpg

Underside is matt black, drybrushed with a little grey and khaki then parts picked out in aluminium...

P1020813.jpg

The satin chrome wheels were painted on the faces with matt black enamel, left for ten minutes, then the paint was rubbed off with a dry paper kitchen towel. This left the paint in the recesses giving a nice worn look....

P1020816.jpg

I've now test fitted the bodyshell minus the windows to check what part of the body is visible inside the cabin....looks like just the pillars and roof will need painting grey....the fit of the body onto the chassis is exceptionally good...

P1020820.jpg

P1020819.jpg

P1020818.jpg

Approaching completion.....the bodyshell is still loose on the chassis so I can dress up the interior a little more, and there is some touching up to do on the window surrounds....

I've applied all bar two decals and most of the exterior components, it's basically just missing the wing mirrors and the piece at the bottom left of the windscreen....

P1020823.jpg

P1020828.jpg

It doesn't show up too well with the flash but the black bumpers were subtly weathered using very dark greys to give some definition. These parts still require a coat of matt varnish after decalling...

P1020830.jpg

P1020827.jpg

The front and rear lamp assemblies were first painted the appropriate orange and red using Tamiya clear colours then attached using Humbrol Clearfix adhesive...

P1020831.jpg

The nose section is shown as bright silver in the instructions but I elected to paint it matt black which was then drybrushed with aluminium. I then picked out various components with gold and some colours...

P1020825.jpg

The red and white decal on the roof was the most difficult to apply....not only do you need to locate the colour break exactly over the scribed centreline, but the silver edge has to be aligned precisely with the moulded edge of the part. I used Microset and Microsol to shrink it down over the kit detail...

P1020826.jpg

Tape has been used to hold the wiper blade to the glass and a tiny drop of Clearfix applied to ensure it remains in contact with the surface...

P1020824.jpg

Attached the wing mirrors...remember to angle the passenger side mirror further towards the driver....and fitted the metal plate to the corner of the windscreen along with it's decals. I've still got to add the black stripes to the window pillars but at the moment I've got no suitable decals....might have to wait until November when I go to the IPMS show at Telford...

All the decalled areas were given a coat of matt varnish and I applied a dark pin wash to all the panel shut lines. I've added some weathering and chipping here and there as I figure something as rugged as a police car would still be made of steel and would take a battering in the acid rain-drenched streets of LA. Also it looks too toy-like if left a pristine white....

Here are some shots I took outside in slightly fading daylight....

P1020838.jpg

P1020837.jpg

P1020835.jpg

P1020841.jpg

P1020834.jpg

P1020839.jpg

P1020842.jpg

Hi Jargonking

This model is way cool, you did a great job. I´ve never seen one of these kits. Gotta go hunting for it now...:rolleyes

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Hope you have a good time.

Greetz
Kevin

Nice model, I have never seen one of these. Yours was put together well and matches the movie :) looks like a lot of work, very well done.

Thanks folks...I got the kit through Hobby Link Japan...I've also got Deckard's Sedan and the Spinner to do as well.
The kit practically falls together so it's a quick build.

GREAT BUILD!!!
Really want to make one of these, but that heavy price sticker is stopping me right now :)
It's not THAT high, but for a 1/25th car it is.

I accidentally ordered two of this and the Deckard sedan, lol... you've done a man's job on this!!! Looks really good, and appropriate to the grittiness of the film.

It looks great and it's the first time I've seen one built.

Nice to see some rubber tires. A shame the spinner didn't get the same treatment.

Looks great. I was looking into this and the sedan for my buddy as a gift but man that price tag is up there.

Wow!! Amazing job, dude!! :D

I have the Spinner kit on my desk, waiting for me to assemble it, but I'm afraid that I'll screw it up. :lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back