TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition here!

Re: A lot of people working on TASM but are you also working on your fitness?

Wallcrawler, you're in excellent shape.

How much core work do you do? Your arms are in great shape, so it surprises me that you don't have the six pack already. Also, can't really tell how good of shape your legs are in from those pictures. Do you work on those much? In a Spidey suit I know most people focus higher but the legs will be on display a lot, especially if you're posing.

Thanks captain, I've just started to work my core recently, never done it before and am excited for some different exercises. I do train my legs as much as my upper body, always had a hard time gaining size in the calves though :(. As for the six pack I was a total d-bag with the diet after our 2nd kid was born lol, I experimented how much McDonalds I could cram in my body.....the answer, A LOT. These pics are 3 weeks up from 160Lbs after a 2 1/2 month weight loss from 185Lbs of bad weight, so I'll be bulking another month before I cut to 1700 calories per day and start cutting.

We're talking a lot of body building here and that's great, hey captain, you working on a Spidey suit as well? Also if you or anyone else had some tips about working your core I'd appriciate it, still trying to wrap my head around it, thanks :)

Ugh don't enen mention Mcdonalds so hard to stay away from the stuff, especially when your always on the go. Also would love to hear the core tips.

Hit 162 today! I'll post some progress pics soon. I was going to but now Wallcrawler just made me feel too intimated with my puny body lol.

Thanks captain, I've just started to work my core recently, never done it before and am excited for some different exercises. I do train my legs as much as my upper body, always had a hard time gaining size in the calves though :(. As for the six pack I was a total d-bag with the diet after our 2nd kid was born lol, I experimented how much McDonalds I could cram in my body.....the answer, A LOT. These pics are 3 weeks up from 160Lbs after a 2 1/2 month weight loss from 185Lbs of bad weight, so I'll be bulking another month before I cut to 1700 calories per day and start cutting.

We're talking a lot of body building here and that's great, hey captain, you working on a Spidey suit as well? Also if you or anyone else had some tips about working your core I'd appriciate it, still trying to wrap my head around it, thanks :)

Not yet on my Spidey, but it's inevitable. If I had liked the new film better I'd jump on it, but I seem to be the only one that wasn't a fan.

I am a big fan of custom versions of characters like this, so perhaps that's what I'll do when I go for it.

I'm going to build my ironman armor first, then the next superhero will probably be Spiderman. In between there I have to finish my Mandalorian.

Ugh don't enen mention Mcdonalds so hard to stay away from the stuff, especially when your always on the go. Also would love to hear the core tips.

Years and years ago I gave up fast food (back in high school) and have never looked back. Once you get used to not eating it anymore it smells and tastes toxic half the time.

Now days I have food allergies that would make fast food impossible anyways, so I was "fortunate" to have given it up already anyways.

I was in really good Spidey shape last spring before I developed my allergies, had added 12 extra pounds of muscle to my skinny frame and was 164 lbs at about 7% body fat. Then I lost all that weight when I started to get sick and then couldn't eat anything. I am both lactose and gluten intolerant. Now I'm inching my way back, but am hovering around only 2 pounds back up. I'm also at a training phase where cardio is the top priority. I test for my 5th degree black belt in a month.

My protein powder is expensive now, but it's totally worth it. I actually need to order another jug as I'm running low.

I want to attack the big lifts to build real muscle mass, but I've always been a bit nervous about it. Now with my back issues I'm taking the leap to really strengthen my core. I'm an athlete by trade, so I have to keep in shape.

Hit 162 today! I'll post some progress pics soon. I was going to but now Wallcrawler just made me feel too intimated with my puny body lol.

Fett....if I read another post with you talkin yourself down like that I'll come through the Internet and slap you :)

I can sympathize with the back problems captain, I've got a bad lower back as well. Sometimes the spirit is willing but the body gives out :(. I usually throw it out with simple things like putting on my shoes rather then gym work lol. Sorry to hear about your health trouble, but good on ya for getting back on the horse, at least you'll have a hell of a muscle memory and should have no problem getting back to where you were. Happy lifting brother :)

Your not alone Cap. Though the suit has grown on me and I liked the premise of a reboot and things like adding a web shooter, I don't have the urge to see It again. Personally I'd rather watch Spidey 1 and would love to see It in 3d. I feel Raimis Spidey had more of a presence than the current version. Big ups to you for fighting through your aversity. I want to try wallcrawlers protein drink but Ill need to invest in a blender first. Can you or anyone recomend a good store brought protein shake/powder?

Hey Nanak, I've used Syntha6 for a while, the cookies and cream tastes really good!

i and 5'11 128-130 pounds depending on the time of day. ive been know to wake up at like 123 or 125 pounds aswell.

Well if you're anything like me just wait until you're in your late 20s and that will work itself out in the opposite direction! I'm 5'10" and was 120 pounds until about 25 when suddenly my bad eating habits and lack of exercise started to catch up to me. At 30 I hit 170 and now I'm in this slowwwwww process of trying to get back down to a weight I feel more comfortable with (150ish I think - I'm a lady so I don't want to be bulky, just fit and toned). This thread inspired me to start working on it again, so I'll be finished with the second week of Couch to 5k program on Sunday.

Hey Nanak, I've used Syntha6 for a while, the cookies and cream tastes really good!

Cookies and cream is generally one of the best flavors for protein powder, but if you are going for serious discipline generally they have more fat calories than others. It's not always true, but read the nutrition labels on the powders.

Back when I didn't used to do protein I got into it using a delicious cookies and cream mix. After I was accustomed and didn't mind shakes I switched to ProComplex. Now I use one called Nectar that is lactose and gluten free.

There are a ton of good options, but if you're trying to lose weight while building muscle watch out for ones with too many fat calories.

I needed something good to get the protein in after a workout. Thanks for the Info Guys.

that s my workout result guys, without protein shakes
I practice lot of parkour, running, swim, martial arts and gym but not so much I don t want being huge because spidey is skinny and quick ;)

I'm almost done with my third week of dieting/workout. I think it's time to share a pic.

DSCN0157.JPG

I feel taller already! :)

well im 115 almost 116 pounds, i have an 8 pack and have been toned since 5th grade ever since i wanted bruce lee's body now i want to bulk up but i wont fit my spiderman suit if i do so i guess ill go for 130+ and then drop getting any bigger and get definition. sicking with the gym and eating almost right are good enough haha.

Bad ass Fett!!

Ageofwar, how old are you now? And how tall are you? Enough food, sleep, and moving heavy weight can get you right up to where you want to be man.

I've finally got myself on what I believe is a steady and healthy diet. I've been eating a lot of vegetables and nuts, packing salads to take to work for lunch. Been eating fruit as well, but not a whole lot. I've been trying to stay away from sugar since I'm aiming to burn off my belly fat. A lot of grain rice and egg whites as well, and salmon too. Actually, last night I made some salmon burger patties, topped with feta cheese, on a potato bread bun. It was awesome! Started last week, and by Wednesday I had started feeling noticably better. I already feel slimmer too! :lol I've been sticking with my intense cardio three times a week followed by a core workout, and on the days in between I've still been sticking with doing as many push ups as I can, along with shoulder shrugs and pull ups. On those days I make sure to consume a few servings of the low-fat protien powder I have, which I mix with skim milk. I try to do so within 30 minutes after my workout. I'm really feeling good about this new diet I've finally set up for myself. Originally I was skeptical of a salad and veggies keeping me full, but I was happy to discover that wasn't the case. A salad containing spinach leaves, carrots, half a cucumber, half a stalk of celery, a handful of almonds, and a handful of green olives (along with a small amount of low-fat parmesan and peppercorn dressing) keeps me full for a decent amount of time, and it's not even a large salad. Originally I was just juicing all of my veggies, but I found it very, very hard to stay full. Now that I've finally got myself on a regular healthy diet, I'm confident I'll start seeing more results than I have over the past six months with my not-so-healthy diet. I mean, I wasn't eating ridiculously unhealthy or anything, but eating Lean Pockets 4 times a week for lunch can't be very good for you! :lol

I've finally got myself on what I believe is a steady and healthy diet. I've been eating a lot of vegetables and nuts, packing salads to take to work for lunch. Been eating fruit as well, but not a whole lot. I've been trying to stay away from sugar since I'm aiming to burn off my belly fat. A lot of grain rice and egg whites as well, and salmon too. Actually, last night I made some salmon burger patties, topped with feta cheese, on a potato bread bun. It was awesome! Started last week, and by Wednesday I had started feeling noticably better. I already feel slimmer too! :lol I've been sticking with my intense cardio three times a week followed by a core workout, and on the days in between I've still been sticking with doing as many push ups as I can, along with shoulder shrugs and pull ups. On those days I make sure to consume a few servings of the low-fat protien powder I have, which I mix with skim milk. I try to do so within 30 minutes after my workout. I'm really feeling good about this new diet I've finally set up for myself. Originally I was skeptical of a salad and veggies keeping me full, but I was happy to discover that wasn't the case. A salad containing spinach leaves, carrots, half a cucumber, half a stalk of celery, a handful of almonds, and a handful of green olives (along with a small amount of low-fat parmesan and peppercorn dressing) keeps me full for a decent amount of time, and it's not even a large salad. Originally I was just juicing all of my veggies, but I found it very, very hard to stay full. Now that I've finally got myself on a regular healthy diet, I'm confident I'll start seeing more results than I have over the past six months with my not-so-healthy diet. I mean, I wasn't eating ridiculously unhealthy or anything, but eating Lean Pockets 4 times a week for lunch can't be very good for you! :lol

Diet is the harder part for a lot of people. Any amount of exercise short of being someone like Michael Phelps can be undone in the kitchen. It sounds like you're on the right track, just stick to the plan and you'll be good.

Thanks Captain!

And Fett, nice work! Looking good!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back