Who here has actually built stuff for the movies? SHOW and tell.

I drew the original concept for the London IMAX building. A building within a glass building - inspired by the Capitol Records Tower, the
threepenny-bit building (NLA Tower) in Croydon, something that would fit into a Tron-type circuitry landscape and the Rebel Base on Yavin.

I hear that's for the movies, though I've never been.

Last edited:
We made the Martian Military Uniforms for The Expanse.
The entire suit/s minus the helmet and back pack was made entirely by us here....and dare I say they're gorgeous. ;)

The Expanse Martian Military Suits.jpg

David

I'm dyin' to post.. but the movies aren't out yet...:rolleyes

Love to see all the cool stuff everyone's worked on. Pretty epic stuff! Keep it coming.

mm.

Love those suits, great job. Had you read the books before you worked on this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Not only had I not read the books but I had never even heard of the Expanse prior to our meeting at Paramount. :confused
Once we all got together though, the set guys, props and all that I quickly got up to speed on what this was all about. The themes, vibe, look, styles and so on....what I will also add is that their teams were amazing. Real pro's with real-genuine love for what it was they were working on. It was a sincere pleasure for us to work with them.

On the flip-side, I guess I can also talk about 'The One That Got Away'. One of the producers of Suicide Squad called me about a year ago to discuss our company making one of their character costumes. Full Hero and Stunt copies. The deadline was tight but doable, sadly the call came in the day before leaving for Wondercon and right there we were going to be closed for a week. Ultimately due to time constraints we weren't able to commit and proceed with that one....unfortunately.

David

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back