My first and only prop! steampunk gun

Ampix0

Hey guys. This isn't a super up to date picture but I thought I would share. This is the only prop I have ever made lol. I was a Michael's and there was some cheap bargin bin that had a translucent green squirt gun in it, and I said.. ok let's give it a shot.

The thing was made out of terribly thin plastic and got cracked and got some holes in it right away, I just sealed those up.

Now nearly a year later, I am inspired to create again! XD with my limited tools and experience.

One Bored Noob, Cyber/steampunk gun 2/4

tumblr_lpdzrdxkEF1qlew8x.jpg

tumblr_lpdzsmJVMY1qlew8x.jpg

tumblr_lpdztr9ATd1qlew8x.jpg

tumblr_lpdzunOo8G1qlew8x.jpg

tumblr_lpdzvhDzia1qlew8x.jpg

I'm not sure what else I could have done to really make you thing it was metal, maybe just some clear coat would have done it? I also tried to make it rust though too. I'm not too sure how I feel about the rust effect, all i did was sponge on some copper and black for the "rust".

Nope. Never made a damn thing before. Just watched a few videos of people making nerf guns. Made a materials list and.. went at it.

It is very good. Whilst I personally don't like rusty things, your paint technique is really good and very life like.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back