1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

LOL! I was getting a beer and it was on the fridge door????

I was actually thinking about challenging you to create a lens mold?

LOL! I was getting a beer and it was on the fridge door????

I was actually thinking about challenging you to create a lens mold?

Hmm, tell me more :love I like a challenge.

Last edited:

REALLY!!!??? Awesome! Do you have door stoppers similar to the ones I've posted?

No, but a small flatish dome shouldn't be too hard. I'm shure I can find something I can use. Failing that, taking a mould from one of the ones you have will be a piece of cake.

Last edited:

No, but a small flatish dome shouldn't be too hard. I'm shure I can find something I can use. Failing that, taking a mould from one of the ones you have will be a piece of cake.

I thought you were up for creating one of these but at 1 1/4 inches (like the originals but made to fit the door stopper):
redLensA.jpg

If need be I can mail one of the door stoppers to you? I was looking to go for something more like this:
0001C.jpg

I would think you would need the bezel to help with fitting, sizing etc... This is a HUGE request... but you would be a HERO!!! I would even buy you a cape. :)

Last edited:

Not a huge update but I'm taking a little artistic liberty with the console boxes

IMAG0882.jpg

I'm headed to Home Depot to get more door stoppers!

Last edited:

I thought you were up for creating one of these but at 1 1/4 inches (like the originals but made to fit the door stopper):
redLensA.jpg

Yep that's the one. Sorry, juggling three small hot, bothered and hungry kids at the time of posting.

So a dome at 1.1/4"? I might even have something I can use :thumbsup

Yep that's the one. Sorry, juggling three small hot, bothered and hungry kids at the time of posting.

So a dome at 1.1/4"? I might even have something I can use :thumbsup

I am anxiously standing by!

thats it for today... it might not look like it, but I got a lot done!

Did a lot of greeblie testing on the panel boxes... Although these will probably NEVER actually be seen... Enjoy

IMAG0886.jpg

IMAG0887.jpg

IMAG0888.jpg

IMAG0889.jpg

IMAG0890.jpg

IMAG0891.jpg

IMAG0892.jpg

IMAG0893.jpg

Another box to mount on the front of the main console...
IMAG0894.jpg

Throttle housing greeblies
IMAG0895.jpg

Everything sitting in the nice cool air...
IMAG0896.jpg

More tomorrow!

Last edited:

Hey Gang...

I'm confused (more so than usual) I am SO impressed by Steve Starkillers newest rendering of the MF console. I've been wondering whether I should start over, forget the formica, go with MDF and then go with this look????

The high gloss dark grey/black against the dull greys, pin striping and chrome really work well together... It's a fantastic combination!

new20console201.jpg

I could try painting the current console but 3 layers of paint... I'm not sure how well it would do?

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

You've heard the old saying "... if at first you dont succeed.. keep on sucking till you do succeed..."

SUCCESS!!!!

IMAG0897.jpg

I'm going to let this sit for a LONG while before I do anything else...

Last edited:

I've decided to NOT use the formica on the instrument panels... I'll keep the roll around just in case but... I hate that stuff! lol

Prepping the panels with wood filler - and a lot of it too!

IMAG0898.jpg

I'll let that sit and dry and then sand smooth. I'm sure I have a few rounds to go with the filler.

Stay tuned!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back