1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

That's the plan... I'm thinking of the best way to illuminate/back light the star chart. I figure I'll need plexiglass, frost paint and a star chart printed on a transparancy. That should do it???? :)

What would be really neat is to use a digital frame that scrolls through several star charts.

Digital frame would be AWESOME.

Transparencies don't work that well though in my experience. A thin photo paper strongly backlit does the job well though.

Or you could use an EL panel (they are only a 1/4mm thick), and glue that directly on the console, followed by the star chart gel, and then the viewing box.

Here's a similar setup I did for my Tron costume
5a2fdc59.jpg

After inverting the image (black for white and vice versa) I printed several of the same image on overhead projector film and layered the best prints to get the effect I was after.

Ask for: Pink off/white on cuttable EL panels if you decide to shop for some.

If you wanted to go the extra mile and make a coloured star chart, you could use the transparent paint and dot some over selected stars on the back of the chart first :thumbsup

EL Panel's a great idea. I've done the layered transparency thing and it's finicky at times though. Give it a shot though! You never know. :)

WOW! I just looked up "El Panel". That might be the way to go. GREAT STUFF! THANK YOU! :)

I just contacted the vendor with a few questions. I should hear back something. If all else fails, I'll just a low wattage bulb and go the plexiglass, transparency route...

Minor Update:

Took a little time to add a black dot to the rockers...

IMAG0700-1.jpg

IMAG0699-1.jpg

IMAG0698-1.jpg

Still have to paint 3 rockers - but gives a nice overview...

IMAG0701-1.jpg

IMAG0702-1.jpg

More to come

Last edited:

I contemplated drilling holes and adding LEDs and then thought... NAH... marker is good enough... :)

I contemplated drilling holes and adding LEDs and then thought... NAH... marker is good enough... :)

I would have used a hole punch on adheisive black vinyl and applied the dots. More room for error that way. ;)

Your method works well though!

The last of the rockers are finished... untill the cockpit walls...

IMAG0703-1.jpg

Last edited:

Whew! :lol

Console looks FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!!

Thank you so much! Very kind words. :)

Good news... The throttle pistons are being fabricated as we type and I should have pics VERY soon. Canobi is moving along on the switches and I'm hoping to have the frame made for the cockpit surround! :)

Hi G

Talking of switches.......

Six done, and two more poured this morning

3E740FAE-C0DA-4042-B401-FFA20D226687-193-00000016341C7C5C.jpg

I'll be able to pop them out when I get back home from work. I'll pour the last two tonight, so they should all be ready for casting Saturday afternoon :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back