Anyone in Socal have a District 9 Assault rifle?

zanderwitaz

I need to take some dimensions of this thing badly. If anyone in the SD/LA/OC area has one, please please let me know so I can take dimensions and start a build. Obviously I'd like to see this in person for maximum accuracy. Lunch is on me.

Thanks guys!

I need to take some dimensions of this thing badly. If anyone in the SD/LA/OC area has one, please please let me know so I can take dimensions and start a build. Obviously I'd like to see this in person for maximum accuracy. Lunch is on me.

Thanks guys!

I know one guy in Hollywood who does, or at least he at a Halloween party a few months back. Want me to call him on your behalf?

Ah ok, like I said terrible with names really good with faces. Now I can commit both together in my memory! I will call the guy sometime tomm for you. I will let you know if/when I hear from him

Thanks!

For the other people following this thread, let me know if you know someone as I'd like to have a backup just in case this potential prop owner isn't willing to help.

Thanks!

For the other people following this thread, let me know if you know someone as I'd like to have a backup just in case this potential prop owner isn't willing to help.

I think you may want to change that to next person with one. I called this guy and I got the standard "I am sorry but the number you called is no longer in service". So either the dude did not pay his phone bill, or changed it and did not bother to inform me in the 4 months since we spoke. Sorry Zander, I will try calling him again in a few days for you. If I forgot feel free to remind me at Matt's shin dig on saturday

Last edited:
I got the following dimensions from weta's site and built mine to match that scale. I also have a side profile high res printable draft print I made you can use if you like.

16.5" x 39.4" x 5.9" (H x W x D)
42 cm x 100 cm x 15 cm

On weta's site you can also find some great photos including on from the top down looking at the side tubes. I used this to figure out how wide the gun is once you take the side tubes out of the equation. The math was real easy from there.

You can see my build here: Firebrand Creations

I got the following dimensions from weta's site and built mine to match that scale. I also have a side profile high res printable draft print I made you can use if you like.

16.5" x 39.4" x 5.9" (H x W x D)
42 cm x 100 cm x 15 cm

On weta's site you can also find some great photos including on from the top down looking at the side tubes. I used this to figure out how wide the gun is once you take the side tubes out of the equation. The math was real easy from there.

You can see my build here: Firebrand Creations

Those are some impressive papercrafts! yeah photos certainly help, but I would like all the widths and such to be as perfect as possible. Photos distort perspective a tad :( I certainly appreciate the offer though!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back