Studio Scale AT-ST under construction!

Re: Studio Scale AT-ST under construction!

You know.... the Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari 312b red part with rivits.. we thought it was the same part on the Jedi build... its not.. you know the first set of legs (small) ones we made would match Julien's first ROTJ head perfectly! a scaled ATST jedi slyle that would match the scale of the ESB version.

Last edited:

Duuuhhh, i pretty much though, you were referring to the 312b, man i was hoping it was an unmentioned indy kit lol, at least that may turn up a few more parts :lol im like an addict!
Nah, i think the TESB is as wrapped up as can be, and looks like there will be a few accurised ROTJ's around soon too!
Youll have to play with some neck boots Steve, just tinker with the tyres lol....id like to see an ROTJ with a real deal neck boot, just to know it really works!

lee

Awesome, I'm happy you finally reckon the legs of the kits were undersized.
You're doing a great on the new legs and they look very accurate to me !
Indeed the 312B part is scratched on the ROTJ but a good way to scale the legs is too use the Flak38 part of the lower leg as ref.
Now I see you're using the correct kitparts and you scratchbuilt the other, like the real deal !
I have a question though, I can you're using a kit part on the top of the of side midlegs (you know the Perkasa part on the TESB), this part is also scratchbuilt on the ROTJ.

Great job !

By the way, I hope Lee, Matt and I will have a free kit for having paid the new ref pics you used ! :lol

Haha just kidding :)

By the way, I hope Lee, Matt and I will have a free kit for having paid the new ref pics you used ! :lol

Haha just kidding :)

Not sure where that is comming from... you paid for what? My pictures? I delt for my own reference... I know you guys were not sharing so I had to do what I had to do... I know you say "just kidding" but I grew up in Arkansas my Mom always says there a little truth in jest..

The only thing I owe you guy's is my admiration.. which you all have.

I dont want any problems.. i just wanted to show what i'm working on...

Steve

So... this is where this thread is going... I try to show something I'm working on and it turns into a us vs them thread again?

Rolando ...why post? You have no positive imput so why post anything.. giggle, sniker and poke your snyde remarks on your threads not mine..

Seriously.. its old.. and its very telling..

So... this is where this thread is going... I try to show something I'm working on and it turns into a us vs them thread again?

Rolando ...why post? You have no positive imput so why post anything.. giggle, sniker and poke your snyde remarks on your threads not mine..

Seriously.. its old.. and its very telling..

Instead of posting your latest project, how about impressing the HECK out of those you owe by delivering the goods before take on any new projects like you've promised countless times on this very forum.

And I agree it is old, over 3yrs of waiting on broken promises sure gets old.

Should I start a thread asking anyone that is owed by you to chime in?

Just found it funny when you said you owed nothing, and I'm not just kidding.

You know what... im better than this... I retract my last post...

say what you want Rolando keep on... and I'll keep shipping kits.

I am sorry for losing my cool...

You'll have the kits owed to you.

Steve

Last edited:

Okay, deal! I'll leave you alone as soon as you pay up what you owe me. I think that's a pretty fair deal and you're actually in control of that happening so if that doesn't happen, well we know who's to blame.

The only reason I chimed in here was since you're making promises.

4. Have the parts cut. I chose Acrylic and Styrene as these will be mold masters for the new kit run set for January 09.
Then I should be expecting what you owe me and others before January since by your own words, you weren't going to be selling anything until all your past obligations were met.

As for your offer of new AT-ST legs, well that won't do me any good since I don't have that model any longer. I'm not trying to be ungrateful but if you and I want to be civil, just send me what you owe me and nothing more. That's all I'm asking for.

Rolando.. yes that is a fair statement and you can holdme to that. You will be taken care of as well as others that are waiting. I am shipping kits every week. When you are 100% compensated for what is owed .. I will appreciate you do what you said as well. leave me alone.

Steve

Well the most important is that people get quality products made from the best refs ;)

Last edited:

OK guys, it seems people are getting upset, editing posts etc etc. Julien! :lol

I had ordered some parts from the older Neisen AT-ST kit in March. I got tired of waiting after 4-5 months and Steve was quick to issue a full refund. I organized a photographer in June/July to take pics of the model in Sao Paulo. Lee, Julien and me all chipped in to acquire those pics. I paid 2/3 the total cost to the photographer and the remaining 1/3 of the cost was split between Julien and Lee. I don't feel this is an issue about money because the cost was low but more about a feeling of betrayal of trust.

Steve had wanted to improve the legs on his kit and I wanted the porsche tranny parts from the back section of John's original build as well as a few ideas on some ID's direct from John. After a few emails Steve and I organized a trade. I sent him an earlier raster-based draft I had done in Photoshop of the legs I had made from a picture Julien had sent me very early in the year that he took at the exhibit in Brussels. Around that time I sent Julien every ref. image I had from the exhibit in France and he sent me all the pics he took in Brussels. I was asked never to share Julien's pictures and I haven't. Along with the raster drawing I made I sent leg pics from the set in Sao Paulo to Steve. I also assume that Steve has the collection of photos from Julien's build thread as well that shows the leg sections in detail.

If by doing this anyone feels that their toes were stepped on (Julien, Lee) I apologize to the both of you. If I thought anyone would have totally objected to this I would have brought it up to clear it beforehand. I didn't think it would be a big deal at all, and I hope there's no hard feelings between anybody.

Ok that's fine Steve, that's not a problem, that was just to clarify the fact you used the pics Lee, matt and I bought some times ago.
That's OK you got the pics, the bad thing is that we've never been asked if we, the ones who bought the pics, were OK to share them with you.
That's really unfair from the guy who did that IMHO !

By the way, if people can get better products because of those pics that's just fine.

Yet again you are impliying I have these "paid for " pictures... Just like you guys thought I had the ESB photos... I dont.

I've been working off of posts in the thread... your (Julien) web site and a vey low poor qualty drawing that was good to get an idea of scale. Plus some very god shots i took at the celebration I (Denver) I was there. didnt have to pay anyone for those.. same place I took all the RED Y wing photos that everyone still uses today for reference. Yeah I gave those out for free. I also have a few shots Matt sent me.. i have no idea of where the photo was taken nor do i care... all i know is it showed an area better than what my previous photos did. All i needed was one photo.

Matt has been super.. he's held his promise to the paying trio. You guys knowing we were working on a ATST and not offer a slot for pics is pretty telling too. In one breath you guys are preaching sharing of info and kit parts but the next you hire a photographer to take pics and only share with people you like?

I and others were free to name kitparts when asked on another board.. for both the ESB and ROTJ version.. so when I was told Matt could not share any photos with me because the two others said no.. Matt has never said who the two others were but i guess i know now. Thanks guys. However i never let that news stop me from complimenting your guy's work.. i dont have to like you to recognize quality work... i wish you guys could check your stuff at the door as well.

Matt has done nothing wrong.. Ive done noting wrong.. funny thing is I post a thread and all this drama is created ...how long has your guy's ATST threads gone without drama? Point. I wish we could all be kind and friendly to one another but i see that is not possible.

Ive done nothing to you... Ive only comment how I think your work is thats it.. I have my friends in this hobby you have yours as i said before its unfortunate we all cant get along.. the only difference is you dont see me or my friends trashing your threads.. We mind our own buisness and build.

So yet again your premature assumtions that I have some special photos are wrong.. you blaming one of your own for sharing super secret reference is ..wrong.. the only thing you got right is the accuracy of your ATST build and the ruining of my thread.

Cool looking legs. Can't wait to accurize my ATST and I like the wrecked tie fighter in the background.
343967678.jpg

343967517.jpg

343965293.jpg

343965262.jpg

343963277.jpg

343965262.jpg

343965349.jpg

343963358.jpg

Steve, this will be my last "complaining post" on your thread, I promise and if you want to speak more, so we can do it through PM :)

That's ok for the pics, dont worry.

Actually I dont think Lee said no for the pics, I wont speak for him, but yeah I reckon I said no because :

-first I didnt know you were doing an upgrade set of the whole legs. I just learned a month ago you were offering new feet on SSM. That's all. I thought you were doing an upgraded TESB AT-ST.
Remember... when pics of the first build-up were posted on a private board, I was the first to point out the proportion issues of the legs and you told me your legs were dead-on to the millimeter. I was a bit disapointed for all the customers who bought it thinking it was 100% accurate as you claimed. And I was a bit sorry for those guys when they were posting pics of their finished AT-ST saying the tiny were due to the angle of the camera...

-second, when I was trying to ID those 934/935 tranny parts you had on your kit, I havent received any help from you when you knew which parts they were. Yeah that's true you gave me some ID infos on another board, some of them were wrong though...
Although I thanked you for you help in the very first post of my ROTJ AT ST thread

Hey guys !

Im back with a new AT-ST ! Few may remember I tried to build one but Ive been told it was way off (thanks Steve). It was way to small and I used kitparts instead of scratchbuild them.

And I thanked all the guys who helped me on that : Lee, Isel and Matt.
And I thank you again for having teached me the true story about the Go-motion ROTJ AT-ST and the ROTJ models in general (they have scratch parts etc which I wasnt aware before).

You told me you didnt know I was part of this 3 members group, but I think you guess I was part of from I understood. At least you said you didnt want to share ID infos with one of the member. It was not Matt for sure, so it was probably me ;)

I also thank John who did an awesome job on the master, beside some accuracy it was very well done I reckon. And the pics of his master helped me a lot when I had no other refs. John is very talented and he did an awesome job on the TIE Interceptor which, if I had money at this time, I would have bought for sure because it's so nice.

Unlike many people, I will not complain about the shipping of your kits because the only time I bought something from you, I received it 2 weeks after sending the money, which is very good for an oversea shipping.
I had to clarify that to show that's not a typical seller/customer argument.

Anyway you're doing an awesome work on those new parts and I would say FINALLY people will get an accurate ROTJ AT-ST !

And yeah, I agree with Isel, this damaged TIE wing is very appealing ! :thumbsup

Yet again you are impliying I have these "paid for " pictures... Just like you guys thought I had the ESB photos... I dont.

I've been working off of posts in the thread... your (Julien) web site and a vey low poor qualty drawing that was good to get an idea of scale. Plus some very god shots i took at the celebration I (Denver) I was there. didnt have to pay anyone for those.. same place I took all the RED Y wing photos that everyone still uses today for reference. Yeah I gave those out for free. I also have a few shots Matt sent me.. i have no idea of where the photo was taken nor do i care... all i know is it showed an area better than what my previous photos did. All i needed was one photo.

Matt has been super.. he's held his promise to the paying trio. You guys knowing we were working on a ATST and not offer a slot for pics is pretty telling too. In one breath you guys are preaching sharing of info and kit parts but the next you hire a photographer to take pics and only share with people you like?

I and others were free to name kitparts when asked on another board.. for both the ESB and ROTJ version.. so when I was told Matt could not share any photos with me because the two others said no.. Matt has never said who the two others were but i guess i know now. Thanks guys. However i never let that news stop me from complimenting your guy's work.. i dont have to like you to recognize quality work... i wish you guys could check your stuff at the door as well.

Matt has done nothing wrong.. Ive done noting wrong.. funny thing is I post a thread and all this drama is created ...how long has your guy's ATST threads gone without drama? Point. I wish we could all be kind and friendly to one another but i see that is not possible.

Ive done nothing to you... Ive only comment how I think your work is thats it.. I have my friends in this hobby you have yours as i said before its unfortunate we all cant get along.. the only difference is you dont see me or my friends trashing your threads.. We mind our own buisness and build.

So yet again your premature assumtions that I have some special photos are wrong.. you blaming one of your own for sharing super secret reference is ..wrong.. the only thing you got right is the accuracy of your ATST build and the ruining of my thread.

Thanks Isel! That means alot!

Julien truth of the matter is I did NOT know the ID if the tranny parts... John found those and unless someone offers ID i dont ask. I'm just happy to have the accurate parts. Sorry bout the mis ID's ..it happens.. have found some of the ones with the new reference.

Say what you want about my normal shipping practices.. just like i told someone earlier in this post thats being dealt with. You stating it here has really nothing to do with this thread .. even though you recieved your item in two weeks overseas you still had to mention something negative.

Not sure why there is such a huge disconnect with studio scale builders. Dont see it R2 forums, 3P0 builders group, Endo Builders group .. our hobby is clickish... certain camps if you will. Us vs Them.. there are things I would love to share but have not because of the on going feud
and back stabbing. Maybe its ego.. to be the best.. have the most accurate.. who knows...

How bout I dub you
Studio Scale King Model Maker of the Universe and we all play nice...on second thought...

you will have to share the title with Lee, he's been doing some great work as of late... and wait... then we have to consider.. guys like Salzo...John C...Isel.. Rolando...Nick... Neil...Jason...Tim...Mark T...Dan S... Jamie...Doug... Frank..Moe...Allan.. Rich and Randy C. Im sure in the big scope of things that title should and would be shared by all named above. Hell and i know Ive missed some key players...if so I'm sorry and typing on the fly.. Each have put thier mark in the studio scale world and no matter the difference each should be respect as such..

In the above I was being a bit tounge in cheek.. look... does everyone on the above list get along..ABSOLUTLEY Not... are there good friends on that list ...YES! Lifelong in some cases! Julien like in life not everyone is gonna like you.. for what ever reason.. I understand that.. If I have done something to recieve your bitterness.. I am sorry.

I'll fix whats in my control.. thats the best i can do..

I wish I could say I dont care... but truth be told i do or I would get so upset when I read crap on the internet... your builds are spot on... Ive helped where I thought I could.. and to answer your question about the motorcycle part (why I'm using it) as its scratched on the ROTj ATST is the green kit part is close to the shape and with a bit o sanding you wont be able to tell the difference plus it will save me tons of time .. thats why I chose to use it..

with that i'll add this little tidbit of Go-Motion Info..

Do you know why you never see the ROTJ ATST stading un assisted... It's always with body support?

Answer. The hinges in all the parts are loose..nothing is locked down when the model is attached to the go-motion rig ..one rod supports the body/head the other devices are connected to the bottom of the feet. As the program motion begins the atst legs , hip and feet parts are free to move as directed by the machine like a puppet on a string. So a free standing ATST (ROTJ) will be inaccurate.. it cannot stand by itself.

Say what you want about my normal shipping practices.. just like i told someone earlier in this post thats being dealt with. You stating it here has really nothing to do with this thread .. even though you recieved your item in two weeks overseas you still had to mention something negative.

Steve, that was a positive feedback. Dont take all bad please...
I said you kudos for the shipping, or sorry if I mistypped something, you can notice how bad my english is.

Do you know why you never see the ROTJ ATST stading un assisted... It's always with body support?

Answer. The hinges in all the parts are loose..nothing is locked down when the model is attached to the go-motion rig ..one rod supports the body/head the other devices are connected to the bottom of the feet. As the program motion begins the atst legs , hip and feet parts are free to move as directed by the machine like a puppet on a string. So a free standing ATST (ROTJ) will be inaccurate.. it cannot stand by itself.

That's very true ! But actually having a free standing ROTJ AT-ST is not innacurate... That's true the parts are free to allow the computer to move them to create the blurring effect, but you can turn the screws at their max, and you'll get a free standing AT-ST ;)

Of course that's not recommanded to display it like that, that's why they are on a support ! The machinist who did my parts told me it could have some issues over time even with aluminium for some of the parts if free standing, that's why he's doing all the hip parts/joints from brass, way much stronger (heavier too but since that's not the majority of the parts, that's OK :)).

If they were totally free standing, there will be not need of the pinch system nor of the screws :) And there are some pics of the go-motion ROTJ AT-ST standing by itself. :)

I also agree that the back and front (yeah there is a front mouting point) mouting point are free of move to allow tilt movements.

Since we are speaking about the animation of this beauty, dont make the same mistake on your new legs, the brass strip is not screwed to the top back of the midleg, it's just free of move, screwed to the little wheel of the lower leg, allowing the strip to go up and down and to animate this part automatically, a bit like the AT-AT legs.

Sure, all people you've named are great and talented people, Ive never say they were not !

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back