WIP Glowing Cosmic Cube -The Tesseract

kevinericon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here is my attempt to make a glow in the dark Cosmic cube. After a few tries, the art glass finally come up with what I have in mind.

This is the cube, placed on a model display base called Cosmos base (fitting, isn't it?:p). With lights in the room still on. You can google "cosmos base" to see what it is.

cube%252520cosmos%252520-1.jpg

And when the lights are turned off, the display stand has LED to illuminate quite nicely.
cube%252520cosmos%252520-2.jpg

Holding it in my hands, without any other light source. :cool It's brighter than average glow-in-the-dark items. But it's hard to capture it on camera.

cube%252520glow.jpg

And here is the cube placed on the osram dot it LED light.
cube%252520dot.jpg

The last picture somehow reminds me of Jedi Academy logo...? :love

Last edited:
Re: Glowing Cosmic Cube

Nice effect on the cube, it looks like the inside has the effect I was describing in another thread about the Cosmic Cube, that sort of swirled translucent effect.
I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Re: Glowing Cosmic Cube

Yeah, I'm thinking how to keep it as bright as possible, while making swirl pattern more visible.

I also found a great stand with either white or blue LED, now I just need the cube to complete the display. :)

Very cool!!!!

Looks kinda like one of those little wall window things... can't remember the name of em. Glass bricks? Window bricks?

Either way, damned awesome! I love that little stand too...

If you do a run, mark me down as interested :)

Chris

:) Thanks Chris!

This is hand made by glass art craftsman, similar to Venice glass art. But I know what you mean, it looks like the glass wall thingy, those are actually two piece of glasses to look like a solid brick. Making one big solid piece is very hard, as it can break or crack while cooling off.

I took a video, it's pretty interesting. I'll put it up when I have time.

I'm interested as well!

I'm trying to think if I could carry it around at a con- maybe with a battery operated LED held in my palm?

Seriously beautiful job. When I watched the Capt movie I turned to Zen and said "ok- when is someone going to make that?" and lo- and behold!

A pretty nifty base (if you can't get one of the cosmos ones) is the Cortana base from the Halo figures.

You have to buy the 2 AAA batteries to pop in there, but it's pretty nice. Think it was something like 12$ for the figure at the store the other day.

Gotta swing back and get another for my cube :lol

Chris

Beautiful work! I love the gently rounded lines, and the layered look, very nice.

Out of curiosity, what made you decide on glow in the dark? I went with diffused internal LEDs on mine greatly because I've never been able to get what I felt was a strong enough glow under normal lighting otherwise.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back