Batman Returns Selina Kyle (FINISHED P.13)CON pics p.15 and p.16 unzombified

Re: My Selina Kyle, Batman Returns style

Attractive girls are all nerdy, quirky and funny too. They sometimes collect weird things like makeup, stuff in the color pink or a bunch of stranger things than props and costumes. :lol My ex-girlfriend was into collecting Playboy magazine issues, while my current girlfriend is a photography/camera fanatic. A buddy of mine went on a date with one smoking hot girl here in Hollywood and she had a collection of Tim Burton collectibles (toys, movies, etc.) and her daily driver was a real hearse!

Anyway, I totally dig the costume since Batman Returns was one my favorite flicks growing up until The Dark Knight came out and kicked it to the curb... What I've always wondered was how Michelle Pfeiffer ever got into and out of the darn thing? It was like she got stuffed in a black balloon!

Oh and Anne Hathaway exists... until she destroys the next Batman movie and ruins it. Then we can pretend she doesn't. :confused

I'm pleasantly surprised by this thread. Normally threads like these involve nerdy fanboys telling an attractive female how much they love their costume, and how amazing it is in the hopes that they have a chance with her...even though the costume sucks.

This thread has all of that, plus some always-necessary hilarious comments, BUT the costume is actually really good, and you wear it well.

You definitely have the body for it, unlike me.

Any thoughts on possibly upgrading it, maybe either making it more screen accurate or more your own? If so, what would you add, change, remove?

-Nick

Good post, Nick :)
Yeah, are you going to do any more to the costume or is that the finished version? Congratulations again for what you've achieved......

dayum....I would say that's all I am going to say but I will add to this.

You did an excellent job, and are definitely sexy enough to pull it off!!!

I tip my hat off to you :)

Thats outstanding work, you must have been thouroughly over hand stitching after all that effort

I'm pleasantly surprised by this thread. Normally threads like these involve nerdy fanboys telling an attractive female how much they love their costume, and how amazing it is in the hopes that they have a chance with her...even though the costume sucks.

This thread has all of that, plus some always-necessary hilarious comments, BUT the costume is actually really good, and you wear it well.

You definitely have the body for it, unlike me. :lol

Any thoughts on possibly upgrading it, maybe either making it more screen accurate or more your own? If so, what would you add, change, remove?

-Nick
wow sorry everyone i fell off the map for a few days , I was off conquering middle-earth thanks nick fox for the complements! yes i actually was thinking of upgrading this suit to a different material maybe something a bit more comfortable , this makes you hot and cold at the same time and i believe i got a bit fatter then i was when i made it so i was thinking about upgrading it , i also wanted to stitch it up with a different material maybe something more ...staple looking or a thicker thread ...threading it was a major pain i had to wear leather gloves ... my fingers looked like gnawed hotdogs in the making of this suit ... im not the most graceful woman on the planet.... lol but yeah thank you again and ill always be sure to take progress photos of any updates and even explain what i did and how if anyone is interested in making their own suit

^ You might want to check out the (epic) Tron Legacy Costume thread, as I recall some discussion of different types of suits to use as a costume base.
hmm will do , me and my warned for forum drunkardness friend alric* went on a two week long rampage of intense tron suit planning ... i think we mapped it out so hard we both quit just as hard ... i dressed up as a siren but that was it
9-1.jpg
never actually went out like this or anything i should probably pop in there for some inspiration ..thanks again tim

Love the suit - And TBH, it looks better with your hair down than with it hidden!

Go do the Stillsuit! I've always wanted to see one of those done properly... And although the Lynch movie had a lot wrong with it ( Weirding Modules? STFU! Boxy Ornithopters? NOOO! ), the Stillsuit designs were about perfect IMHO.

Love the suit - And TBH, it looks better with your hair down than with it hidden!

Go do the Stillsuit! I've always wanted to see one of those done properly... And although the Lynch movie had a lot wrong with it ( Weirding Modules? STFU! Boxy Ornithopters? NOOO! ), the Stillsuit designs were about perfect IMHO.
thank you! yeah i did not know what to do wit the hair situation i was thinking of customizing the back of the mask so that i could have a long braid or pony tail but the disheveled i just pulled this mask over my face kinda fit for catwoman .... lol and the stillsuit was badass! so badass holy - i gotta learn to not speak like a drunkin sailor before im banned

yes i actually was thinking of upgrading this suit to a different material maybe something a bit more comfortable

This really isn't a costume you wear for "comfort," is it? haha It seems a costume like this has the power to even make OTHER people feel uncomfortable...depending on how straight laced they are.

I just have a feeling that all of the "truly" comfortable fabrics wouldn't look as good...though I would love to see a pima cotton Cat Woman. It would be like Selina's pajamas. Cat Woman Snuggie anyone?

-Nick

Wow, this a beautiful build, and you look wonderful!!!! You're a very pretty young lady!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back