The Time-Turner Page

Well, crap! The Jeweler, someone named Lisa, has decided, because these were going to be sold online and there may be copyright issues, that she wants nothing to do with the project. I told her Warner Bros. has bigger fish to fry, but she has kept adamant on her decision.
I also was beginning to get the impression that jewelry was a hobby for her and not something she had a great amount of expertise in, so maybe this is for the best. I have some local Jewelry shops in town, I will go to them tomorrow and ask. I live in a very creative and artsy town, this cant be impossible!
If anyone knows any Jewelers that would be helpful too!!

Does anyone even read this thread anymore?
If you are reading this pleas explain to me how a double catch works for the chain, and if you don't know, just say hi, or time turner related chit-chat, or something…just so I know this thread isn't dead. If it is dead I'm just going to make one for myself and be done with it.

Found a new Jeweler, this guy seems much more legit, but is debating if it's possible for under $200... don't want to scare anyone away, but I will negotiate, try to get a quantity discount, get a second opinion (on July 19)... I'll do everything I can think of to get these made affordably.

Found a new Jeweler, this guy seems much more legit, but is debating if it's possible for under $200... don't want to scare anyone away, but I will negotiate, try to get a quantity discount, get a second opinion (on July 19)... I'll do everything I can think of to get these made affordably.

great to hear

Hmmmm I don't know about using pewter as the base. It is a fairly soft metal and given the fact this is going to be so thin anyway I'd go with the silver.

A cost saving idea is if the jeweler is able to cast then he presumably can smelt so if you had any old silver coins or jewelry he could melt them down and use them as your silver.

Hey guys! Any idea where we could buy/have made the hourglass, I found one Jeweler that said he could do it for like $1000 and another one that thinking somewhere around $200, but he can't make an hourglass.

So, this is my very first post. Please correct me if I'm doing something wrong. Also, my English isn't that great so don't be afraid to ask if you don't understand something, I'll gladly try to explain it again to you :)

First, the whole Time Turner idea is great! I can barely wait to see the final result ^^

Now, I noticed you are looking for an hour glass... When I first saw your thread that was the first think that came to my mind, where would you find it. So I did a quick research and this is all I could find (for now): Earrings Vintage Mini Hour Glasses Really by Houseofintrospection
It's a pair of vintage earrings. They cost 40$ but you get not only 1 but 2 mini hour glasses! They measure 1/2 inch in size and I do believe you can easily remove the golden wire. :)

Hope it helps but I'll see if I can find something else.

Well the Japanese TT's said the hourglass was hand made and that there would be subtle differences between each one, which doesn't help you any so...

Here are some suggestions..

This website sells a mini hourglass and says who makes it, Clare-Bell Brass Works. I'd contact Clare Bell and see if they would tell you were they get them or if you could order just thru them. Since they make stuff in brass they might do the star plate as well.

Miniature Working Brass Hourglass

If that doesn't work out I'd look for places that sell dollhouse furniture, they sell different scale items and are bound to have one somewhere.

Thanks very much Lia and BMM, but I'm afraid those aren't quite the right shape, I'm thinking more and more that these may have to be custom made.

Now, if you see this post I ask that you input your opinion: I was recently contacted about 3D printed, plastic hourglasses, they would be the perfect shape and cost about $5 a piece, and I've heard they look GREAT, but they're plastic. Would you rather have a more expensive piece, with a glass hourglass, or a cheaper piece with plastic? PLEASE RESPOND so I have some input!!

In my opinion it doesn't matter as long as the hourglass looks somehow authentic, if you know what I mean :)

That's what I was thinking, I think keeping it aesthetically screen accurate is enough, rather than material screen accurate. Especially if it will keep the price down!

I am currently investigating two possible makers, I will probably have a prototype of each and decide which is better. :

One will certainly be cheaper, but I can't say what the quality will be, if it's really crappy I suppose the more expensive route is the way to go.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back