X-Files "I want to believe" Poster?

Hey. I always thought that would be a cool prop too, but according to this site I visited, it was a one off done by the X-Files production team. You'd think they would have made a ton of them for sell, wouldn't you? Anyway, the site had this image:
office.jpg

Pretty cool huh? Don't know if it's original or fan made, but it still looks cool. Here is the site I located the pic on:

http://xfiles.wearehere.net/believe.htm

Good luck, and if you find out where you can get a poster like this, let me know. :)

Bill

P.S. how's the QL gummi bear handlink coming along?

Thanks. I saw that link earlier. I really hope someone has some info.

The QL thing is going slowly because im jobless :p

Work on it should resume soon.

I know that there are places were you can buy posters that look "sorta kinda if you close your eyes" look the one Mulder has. But most places don't have a real accurate version and I don't think I've ever seen a really accurate one done. Which is kinda odd...maybe it's a conspiracy? (come on, someone had to say it)

<div class='quotetop'>(kevoris @ Aug 12 2006, 02:22 AM) [snapback]1298930[/snapback]</div>
Hey. I always thought that would be a cool prop too, but according to this site I visited, it was a one off done by the X-Files production team. You'd think they would have made a ton of them for sell, wouldn't you? Anyway, the site had this image:
office.jpg

Pretty cool huh? Don't know if it's original or fan made, but it still looks cool. Here is the site I located the pic on:

Bill

[/b]

I can enhance and print these up at 16 1/2"x 22" if anyone wants.

I just had a conversation witha buddy of mine about these posters. I'm gonna see if I can get that book. That photo looks just like the poster. Am I right?
3.jpg

I think the ufo in the poster is a version of the Bob Lasar ufo which, he said he saw in person at Area S-4 back in the early 90's...

sportyyk9.jpg

http://www.mufor.org/lazar.htm

Dubbed "the sport model" it also bears a strong resemblance to the famous Billy Meier ufo.

Darrin

I thought I remember seeing a featurette on one of the DVD sets that said that almost everyweek they were having to replace that poster on the set because they kept getting stolen. Anybody else remember that?

Heres a good resource I found:
http://www.thex-filesresource.com/iwtb.htm

Supposedly, the closest thing to the first version of the poster was a French bootleg of sorts.
Iwtb-fr.gif

I'm too cheap to buy "Through Space and Time" brand new, but I still think thats the photo used. The trees seem to match up as does the backgound.

EDIT:

Looks like the French poster above is a retouch too. This is a photo of the actual set... its definitely the Meier photo.
believer.jpg

I just worked with Jack Knight1979 (Nickoli) on a project, and his quality is great..

What is the source image you would be printing from?

I realize this is an ancient thread, but with the show revival coming soon, I got interested in this prop again and figured it was better to use an existing thread.

There are a LOT of bad fakes out there, none of them are accurate. I scoured the web and found a decent quality version of the original photo used for Mulder's FIRST poster, seen in the pilot, and using hours of Photoshop-fu, recreated the following. It's actually amazing how much they edited the original photo, the UFO is moved further up from the original, the colors are altered and the sky has some lighting and levels adjusted. I believe the original was also quite grainy as this had to be blown up from a photo in a book back in the 90s, so I have recreated that look, without letting it get "pixalized".

This poster itself has a few slight variations, in the border thickness around the photo. The Pilot poster has a fairly thin, even border around the whole poster. Later episodes it becomes a bit off center to the left, leaving a thicker border on the right and bottom. I'm going for the even border with this first one.

I'm going to get one 24x36 poster printed from VistaPrint and report back on how it turns out. If decent, I could offer a few for members. I believe this is the most accurate Version 1 poster I've seen. Please excuse the watermark.

iwanttobelieve.jpgIMG_1118.png

Last edited:
The resolution on that isnt quite as high as I'm looking for, mine is 300 dpi and much less pixalated, i did a lot of work to smooth stuff out. Thanks for the link though.

This is an example of the resolution I'm working at. (click to enlarge)
Screen Shot 2015-10-14 at 1.45.47 PM.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back