Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Re: Ebay Wolverine jackets any good?

I see you delema, 1BAT. Not sure it's the shoulder width, but the sleeve length that is the main issue. I say that because the sleeve will lay down, as the jacket is new and would need break-in time, but even if the shoulders were to lay down and comform to you, there will still be an even bigger length of sleeve to deal with. Somehow the measurements you gave didn't translate well to the Heron pattern.

The sleeve length and sleeve cuff circumference looks to be the issues here. I see that Heron made the sleeves flare out too much and swallows your hands. You should mention those two issues. As they may take your jacket, remove the sleeves and make the appropirate adjustments for you. Not sure if it's me, but the jacket could stand to be an inch or two longer in the body as well.

Not sure what happened, but if you discuss it with Miguel or Jorge, I'm sure they can replace it. I'm sorry to see your jacket doesn't fit like you had hoped.

-Tony

Last edited:

I see you delema, 1BAT. Not sure it's the shoulder width, but the sleeve length that is the main issue. I say that because the sleeve will lay down, as the jacket is new and would need break-in time, but even if the shoulders were to lay down and comform to you, there will still be an even bigger length of sleeve to deal with. Somehow the measurements you gave didn't translate well to the Heron pattern.

The sleeve length and sleeve cuff circumference looks to be the issues here. I see that Heron made the sleeves flare out too much and swallows your hands. You should mention those two issues. As they may take your jacket, remove the sleeves and make the appropirate adjustments for you. Not sure if it's me, but the jacket could stand to be an inch or two longer in the body as well.

Not sure what happened, but if you discuss it with Miguel or Jorge, I'm sure they can replace it. I'm sorry to see your jacket doesn't fit like you had hoped.

-Tony

All good points, most I fully agree with. I did at first think the torso was a bit short too but in comparing my jacket to stills of Hugh, I think its just about spot on (I included a side view), but maybe you are right). In lands just about a half inch past the bottom of the belt. I think its just that my other two jackets are rather long in comparison. The problem is definitely the shoulders and the sleeves. I asked for 18" from seam to seem on the shoulders and it came out at 21.5"! my soul revolver is 18.5 and my AE jacket is 18". With that and the sleeves being an inch shorter I think it would be perfect.

I was thinking the same about the circumference of the sleeves, however when I zip them up tight its a pretty snug fit, so I think its more that its too long and swallowing my hands up. Hard to definitively.

That being said Miguel just replied and said "Someone in the manufacturing process changed the measures. We have developed a new version of the X2 more complete with more details that were missing in the previous version. On Tuesday we will have photos of that jacket. The new version will have a cost of 300 USD. If you desire we can send you the new version only we need you return the received jacket."

Hopefully they don't plan to charge me more for the mixup, but I do want the updated jacket. I'm going to send this jacket back tomorrow and hopefully will have a good fitting garment soon. I do think the leather is great and the quality of the jacket is very very good for the price, but it's all about fit for me.

Anyway, thanks for your input!

Also, is it just me or are the zippers on the chest upside down from the Screen jacket?

-Tom
Picture5.jpg
[/IMG]
x2jacket3.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

If you're talking about the pocket zippers being upside down then no. The pockets in the picture are open.

If you're talking about the pocket zippers being upside down then no. The pockets in the picture are open.

Right. Then that's another thing. With the red lining, having the pockets open shows the lining. I think I'll opt for a black lining on the next jacket.

Maybe, I was off al little, by saying 1-2", more like 1/2-3/4" as you shouldn't see your belt loops when zipped up. Bub is right, you can't tell, but the chest pockets are open in that photo. Just noticed that start of the mustard stripes are too narrow, starting at the zipper. I hope they update that as well. I'd make sure you mention that to Miguel so all the little details are right the second time around. Make sure you ask for update photos, so you know what you're recieving BEFORE it's shipped out.

-Tony

1BAT - Bet I've got a distressed one that fits you pretty darn good, but it's a bit more pricey. ;)

Ok, guess what came in the mail today? Me X2 ;) I'm gonna go see how it turned out. Photos to come.

mymail.vcu.edu
mymail.vcu.edu
mymail.vcu.edu

It's not 100% SA, but I love it. The fit is perfect with the exception of half an inch in each sleeve. Milos used the X3 as the base and you can tell that because he forgot to take the kidney panel off, but I think it adds character and a uniqueness that no other X2 on the market has. It's a lot darker than my X3 which surprised me a bit.... I think the stripes could have also been raised higher on the arms but it's no biggie. My work with him on the phone altering his current version of this jacket paid off. He also added braided red suede pull tabs on the end of the zippers that which I thought was cool. I'm happy with it. I'll take close up shots of the panels later when my phone is recharged.

Last edited:

No Drool, that one is a tad big for 1BAT, I have a slimmer distressed X2 for his build handy.

comonbub - pictures are broken here for me, but saw them on fj. Glad you love the jacket, no matter the details, that is all that matters in the end.

No Drool, that one is a tad big for 1BAT, I have a slimmer distressed X2 for his build handy.

comonbub - pictures are broken here for me, but saw them on fj. Glad you love the jacket, no matter the details, that is all that matters in the end.

That's really tempting Dan. I wear a 38 jacket usually but I like a slim fitting jacket as you can see from my pics. What size is your jacket? And how much? $650?

1BAT - It is actually $700 for this fully distressed X2 jacket, but it is closer to a 40 fit, which was what I was guessing from your desired shoulder width and the pictures I had seen.
I do have a standard 38R($600) already ordered in the first run group by a customer, and can still add orders to that group before the leather gets cut.

It wasn't my size I believe. Mainly though, I had just sold myself on the x1. That is THE X jacket to me. However, now that I have one of those, the X2 calls to me like a siren in the mists...

1BAT - It is actually $700 for this fully distressed X2 jacket, but it is closer to a 40 fit, which was what I was guessing from your desired shoulder width and the pictures I had seen.
I do have a standard 38R($600) already ordered in the first run group by a customer, and can still add orders to that group before the leather gets cut.

Thanks for the offer THEMAN, it really is tempting, but I think I'll give heron this second chance since I really did love the quality of the jacket. I was only displeased with the fit (which they acknowledged as a mistake on their end). There may very well be a time when I finally get a bike and want a tougher hide jacket though, in which case I will contact you with my 38S order. :)

Did you say you had a pair of claws to sell?

1BAT - definitely a good route to go, I am sure they'll get it straight for you, as they are trying really hard to get good at doing these.

Drool - actually no one you would know... a non-forum person actually.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back